Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! College Tournament  (Read 2987 times)

Mike Tennant

J! College Tournament
« on: September 21, 2004, 09:18:21 AM »
I just received my tickets to the J! College Tournament taping at the University of Pittsburgh.  I'll be going to the late afternoon taping (doors open from 4:00 to 4:45) on Sunday, October 10.

So, to those of you who have attended such things in the past, I ask:

1.  What time should we arrive at the venue to get in and, if possible, get a good seat?

2.  Do you have any other advice vis a vis attending a taping?  (I'd really like to get Johnny Gilbert's autograph.)

Thanks for your help!

tvwxman

J! College Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 10:14:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 08:18 AM\']

1.  What time should we arrive at the venue to get in and, if possible, get a good seat?

2.  Do you have any other advice vis a vis attending a taping?  (I'd really like to get Johnny Gilbert's autograph.)

Thanks for your help! [/quote]
1. Early. Last year at Yale, there were far more tix than seats...and many got to watch the festivities on tv while waiting on line...you want a seat, get their early.

2. Have fun. Alex does Q&A with the audience often...he does not give autographs...he does give good answers to good , insightful questions...which means, if you want to ask him "Uh, were you drunk on the High Rollers finale", don't. Then again, if you really think he was drunk, you shouldn't be anywhere near this intelligent tournament. (This goes for all of you.)

Johnny is very approachable, and a helluva nice guy. He does autographs, pictures...he'll even let you pet his dog, which chances are , is there along with his lovely wife.

Have a good time...it's a tremendous experience!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 10:17:31 AM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
J! College Tournament
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 03:32:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:14 AM\'] he does give good answers to good , insightful questions [/quote]
 So we probably shouldn't mention Malcolm, eh?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve McClellan

J! College Tournament
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 08:56:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 12:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:14 AM\'] he does give good answers to good , insightful questions [/quote]
So we probably shouldn't mention Malcolm, eh? [/quote]
 Actually, you'd have to come up with something new. I asked him about Malcolm a couple of weeks ago. ;-D

tvwxman

J! College Tournament
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 10:25:41 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 07:56 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 12:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:14 AM\'] he does give good answers to good , insightful questions [/quote]
So we probably shouldn't mention Malcolm, eh? [/quote]
Actually, you'd have to come up with something new. I asked him about Malcolm a couple of weeks ago. ;-D [/quote]
 You must be so proud of yourself.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Don Howard

J! College Tournament
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 10:33:15 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 09:14 AM\'] if you want to ask him "Uh, were you drunk on the High Rollers finale", don't [/quote]
Didn't someone in here do just that at a taping once upon a time? As I recall the tale, Alex's response was something on the order of "that's utter nonsense" and he didn't call on anyone from that section of the audience for the remainder of the day.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 10:33:48 PM by Don Howard »

Steve McClellan

J! College Tournament
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 11:58:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 07:25 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 07:56 PM\']  I asked him about Malcolm a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]
You must be so proud of yourself. [/quote]
 Of course I am! The mere opportunity to make such an inquiry has been simply the pinnacle of my lowly existence to this point! I'm so glad you cared enough to empathize.