Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour Irony  (Read 3654 times)

gsnstooge

Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour Irony
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:48:04 PM »
A bit of coincidence, on the first and last episodes of MG-HS, the champ tripled her HS winnings, yes on episode 1 won 250 in HS and 500 in Audience Match and on the finale the Squares champ won 500 and 1,000 in the Audience Match.  Any other ironies?  One other thing, is it just me, or did the last champ, Tara Carpenter seem to have more teeth than Pat Finn??
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 02:00:36 PM by gsnstooge »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 11:23:15 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 06:48 PM\'] A bit of irony, on the first and last episodes of MG-HS, the champ tripled her HS winnings, yes on episode 1 won 250 in HS and 500 in Audience Match and on the finale the Squares champ won 500 and 1,000 in the Audience Match.  Any other ironies?  One other thing, is it just me, or did the last champ, Tara Carpenter seem to have more teeth than Pat Finn?? [/quote]
 1) What in the HELL are you talking about?

2) Please to be looking up "irony" in the dictionary, because you clearly have no damn idea what it means. Thank you for your participation.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:46:58 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 10:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 06:48 PM\'] A bit of irony, on the first and last episodes of MG-HS, the champ tripled her HS winnings, yes on episode 1 won 250 in HS and 500 in Audience Match and on the finale the Squares champ won 500 and 1,000 in the Audience Match.  Any other ironies?  One other thing, is it just me, or did the last champ, Tara Carpenter seem to have more teeth than Pat Finn?? [/quote]
1) What in the HELL are you talking about?

2) Please to be looking up "irony" in the dictionary, because you clearly have no damn idea what it means. Thank you for your participation. [/quote]
 1) Moreso since it seems he meant DOUBLING their HS winnings.

2) Hey, it didn't stop Alanis Morissette, now did it? ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 03:36:28 AM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 7 2004, 08:48 PM\'] A bit of irony, on the first and last episodes of MG-HS, the champ tripled her HS winnings, yes on episode 1 won 250 in HS and 500 in Audience Match and on the finale the Squares champ won 500 and 1,000 in the Audience Match.  Any other ironies?  One other thing, is it just me, or did the last champ, Tara Carpenter seem to have more teeth than Pat Finn?? [/quote]
 A translation of the above's rambling nonsense

On the first ep of MG/HS Hour, the champ won the game with $250 and then went to the "Super Match" and won $500.

And on the last ep of MG/HS Hour the champ won $500 and then went to the "Super Match" and won $1000.

Final Champ has more teeth than Pat Finn.

Somehow all that is ironic
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 03:57:53 AM »
And even translated that still makes no sense, and demonstrates that the OP has no understanding of the meaning of the concept of "irony".

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 09:45:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 02:57 AM\'] And even translated that still makes no sense, and demonstrates that the OP has no understanding of the meaning of the concept of "irony". [/quote]
 Probably learned the word from Vin Scully.

Particleman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 09:48:23 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 02:36 AM\'] A translation of the above's rambling nonsense

On the first ep of MG/HS Hour, the champ won the game with $250 and then went to the "Super Match" and won $500.

And on the last ep of MG/HS Hour the champ won $500 and then went to the "Super Match" and won $1000.

Final Champ has more teeth than Pat Finn.

Somehow all that is ironic
-Joe R. [/quote]
I think they're saying it's ironic that the champion on the last episode of MG/HS Hour won exactly twice as much as the champion on the first episode.  Then they want to know if there are any other ironies like this.

Um...even if this is to be considered "ironic," there are probably no other ironies like this.

Conerning the final question about teeth, I'm just as ashamed to try to answer that one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 09:48:54 AM by Particleman »

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 05:26:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Sep 8 2004, 06:48 AM\'] I think they're saying it's ironic that the champion on the last episode of MG/HS Hour won exactly twice as much as the champion on the first episode.  Then they want to know if there are any other ironies like this.
 [/quote]
 Except it's NOT ironic.

It's BARELY coincidental, considering the limited number of possible outcomes.

(Misuse of the word "irony" is one of my pet peeves. Add to it an asinine and nonsensical post, and I tend to get the snappies.)

gsnstooge

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 06:53:19 PM »
You're right, it should be "coincidence" instead of "irony."  I am horribly sorry.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 07:21:40 PM by gsnstooge »

gsnstooge

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 03:52:02 PM »
I forgot until today that before creating this topic, I asked my brother what makes sarcasm funny and he said irony.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 03:53:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 23 2004, 02:52 PM\'] I forgot until today that before creating this topic, I asked my brother what makes sarcasm funny and he said irony. [/quote]
 That's fantastic.
Matt Ottinger, please tell us what departing gifts we have for today's loser.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 03:57:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 23 2004, 02:52 PM\'] I forgot until today that before creating this topic, I asked my brother what makes sarcasm funny and he said irony. [/quote]
 Wow...it took you a full two weeks to come up with that?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 07:28:31 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Sep 23 2004, 03:52 PM\'] I forgot until today that before creating this topic, I asked my brother what makes sarcasm funny and he said irony. [/quote]
 What the [insert word of your choice here] does that have to do with the topic?