Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Live News  (Read 5259 times)

ClockGameJohn

TPiR Live News
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 01:08:55 PM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' date=\'Sep 16 2004, 01:10 AM\'] If we are to believe that "TPIR Live" is a series of unoffical auditions for the next host, then Mark Walberg has my vote.

Personally, I think he's the best bet so far. [/quote]
 And yet he hasn't taken the stage?

ChuckNet

TPiR Live News
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 11:04:33 PM »
While I haven't watched any of these gentleman emcee TPiR Live, I do think you're selling Marc Summers short if all you're basing your judgment on is his performance 15 years ago on Double Dare. Marc knew he had to be energetic on that show because it was for Nick and because it was for kids. In every other show he's done that wasn't for children, he's been dead on.

Well said, Joe...one could easily picture Marc doing J! after seeing his fine work on either History IQ or Wintuition, and I don't doubt he's tailored his performance for TPiR Live. Also, having seen Todd in action 2 mos ago, I thought he did a great job as well.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

TPiR Live News
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 10:44:19 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 15 2004, 04:09 PM\']

I'm off to Atlantic City to do the final 2 weeks of that production, starting 9/19. I haven't gotten approval to mention the name of the host who will be starting with me on Sunday. But since mentioning Chuck a week in advance was approved, I'll simply say that the Atlantic City Showboat Hotel will be docking at Temptation Island, and I'll be Rushin' to the Roulette tables   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 And you kicked @$$ Monday night as usual when doing TPIR annoucing. I do think Fremantle made a small mistake in choosing Fields, not that he's bad or anything, but.... Anyway, it was nice meeting you and Mark then, and Clockgamejohn made a cameo appearance, too.

Mark did pretty good too. Like you said with Woolery, give him a few shows and he'll put his own stamp on the show's format.

davewalls

TPiR Live News
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 06:51:12 PM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to add a sincere note of thanks for a great show this past Sunday night at the TPiR Live Show at the Showboat in Atlantic City. I attended with my girlfriend Lisa, and somehow, made it on stage, winning the Hole-in-One game and a trip to Las Vegas! It may not be televised, but it certainly had the entire feel of the real show itself.

Mark L. did a great job and Randy, as always, with a fantastic night on the mic. True professionals on and off the stage. Thanks again for a fantastic evening!

Sincerely,
Dave

p.s.: What the hell was the woman in the showcase thinking, bidding $195,000 for a car/trip?
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

zachhoran

TPiR Live News
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 08:24:44 PM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 05:51 PM\']
p.s.: What the hell was the woman in the showcase thinking, bidding $195,000 for a car/trip? [/quote]
 Nice to see they sometimes pick the occasional less-than-informed contestants at the Live show as they do at Studio 33. The qualifying test at the Live show at least has something to do with pricing :)

cmjb13

TPiR Live News
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 06:04:15 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 08:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Sep 21 2004, 05:51 PM\']
p.s.: What the hell was the woman in the showcase thinking, bidding $195,000 for a car/trip? [/quote]
Nice to see they sometimes pick the occasional less-than-informed contestants at the Live show as they do at Studio 33. The qualifying test at the Live show at least has something to do with pricing :) [/quote]
 Seems that they played the same games, used the same grocery items, and even might have used the same prizes.

Did they use the same products for the qualifying game?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

TPiR Live News
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 07:50:22 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 05:04 AM\']

Did they use the same products for the qualifying game? [/quote]
 Some of the same questions and items, yes. They still played for a fridge in Cliff Hangers and a Vegas trip in Hole in One(as with the time I saw it in August). Some of the same products appeared in Bag and Hole both times. The third prize on Cliff Hangers was the same both times. Some of the IUFBs were different. The showcase Monday night featured a bicycle and a Big Screen TV instead of a Washer and Dryer and Playstation.

davewalls

TPiR Live News
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2004, 10:17:35 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 22 2004, 06:50 AM\'] Some of the IUFBs were different. The showcase Monday night featured a bicycle and a Big Screen TV instead of a Washer and Dryer and Playstation. [/quote]
 For the record, the showcase last Sunday at AC featured a Big Screen TV, Trip to New Orleans, and a Mini Cooper. No one got it both overbid..one was close (about $1500 over on a $21K package)..one was WAY over. (The aforementioned $195,000).
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)