Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In The Dark...  (Read 2343 times)

gsfan85

In The Dark...
« on: September 18, 2004, 03:06:39 PM »
Hi everyone,

Around 1996ish, there was an article in TV Guide about a new game show coming in the fall called "In The Dark," where contestants have to perform stunts literally "in the dark."  Obviously this show never came on, but does anyone remember the article I'm talking about?  I believe the show actually had a UK version that aired.

Adam

Brig Bother

In The Dark...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 03:22:22 PM »
Yes. It made it to one series here in the UK, but the US version is fairly well known over here because it was meant to be camp-comic Julian Clary's bid to crack America which was said to have been pulled merely hours from transmission.

vtown7

In The Dark...
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 02:04:01 PM »
There was also a pilot done in Quebec for Television Quatre Saisons (IIRC) that ran one Canada day in the late 90's, but that was it.  I think I have half the ep somewhere.  Wasn't that great in any case.

Ryan :)

uncamark

In The Dark...
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 02:25:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Sep 18 2004, 02:22 PM\']Yes. It made it to one series here in the UK, but the US version is fairly well known over here because it was meant to be camp-comic Julian Clary's bid to crack America which was said to have been pulled merely hours from transmission.[/quote]
Rumor has it that the episode that was taped was a total mess.  Jonathan Goodson supposedly called up Chester Feldman and asked him to come out of retirement to try to fix the show.  Mr. Feldman passed away a few days later and Goodson threw in the towel.

bricon

In The Dark...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 10:53:48 AM »
Rumor has it that the episode that was taped was a total mess.

I want to say that more than one episode was taped for the W.B. but can't recall specifically.  I can say that the episode I saw looked strange to me for two reasons - the cameras that shoot in the dark give everything a strange black & white with a hint of green tint, plus the contestants went through the stunts with their eyes bulging open, as though they were straining to see anything they could.

It sort of made the whole thing look like a zombie movie.