Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild taped in Las Vegas?  (Read 5772 times)

gsgalaxy82

The Joker's Wild taped in Las Vegas?
« on: September 26, 2004, 10:33:02 PM »
I got an e-mail from a former TJW contestant looking for a copy of his episode. Normally I kinda disregard these, but he mentioned the show he was on was taped at the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas! I've never even heard of TJW going on location, can anyone confirm or even remember this special set of shows?

David

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 02:45:31 AM »
Dealer's Choice taped at the Tropicana, I don't remember seeing TJW there, but anything is possible.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 08:02:45 AM »
CBS Joker never taped anywhere other than Television City. No road trips.

thomas

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'58525\' date=\'Sep 26 2004, 09:33 PM\']
I got an e-mail from a former TJW contestant looking for a copy of his episode. Normally I kinda disregard these, but he mentioned the show he was on was taped at the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas! I've never even heard of TJW going on location, can anyone confirm or even remember this special set of shows?

David
[/quote]
DAVID...iT WAS BRIEFLY TAPED AT THE TROPICANA, I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S WHAT IT WAS CALLED. A FRIEND OF MINE WAS ONE OF THE CAMERA MEN, AND HE GOT ME TICKETS TO THE TAPING.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:54 PM »
[quote name=\'thomas\' post=\'149490\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 10:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'58525\' date=\'Sep 26 2004, 09:33 PM\']

David
[/quote]
DAVID...iT WAS BRIEFLY TAPED AT THE TROPICANA, I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S WHAT IT WAS CALLED. A FRIEND OF MINE WAS ONE OF THE CAMERA MEN, AND HE GOT ME TICKETS TO THE TAPING.
[/quote]
I find it suspicious that you were approved at 10:06 PM and made this post a mere three minutes later.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

WhammyPower

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
[quote name=\'thomas\' post=\'149490\' date=\'Apr 4 2007, 10:09 PM\']
A FRIEND OF MINE WAS ONE OF THE CAMERA MEN, AND HE GOT ME TICKETS TO THE TAPING. [/quote]
Is he also your bowling buddy?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:33:16 AM by WhammyPower »

tpirfan28

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
Bump of the Century also was taped in Las Vegas.

I just wanna know how the HELL you found a topic from 2 1/2 YEARS ago to post in.  Jeepers.

/first person to say "search function" gets $5 off their score. :)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'149531\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 04:36 PM\']
I just wanna know how the HELL you found a topic from 2 1/2 YEARS ago to post in.  Jeepers.[/quote]
Actually, I don't see why the most obvious answer should take $5 off your score.  Google and other search engines index all our pages just as they would any other part of the web.  This guy could easily have been led to a long-forgotten page doing a search about Joker, Las Vegas, anything like that.

I'd tend to believe one of our regular members would have been aware of any Joker road trips, so I'm not saying our newcomer is right, but I'm not faulting him for reviving a dead thread.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:03:14 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'149537\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 06:02 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'149531\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 04:36 PM\']
I just wanna know how the HELL you found a topic from 2 1/2 YEARS ago to post in.  Jeepers.[/quote]
Actually, I don't see why the most obvious answer shoudl take $5 off your score.  Google and other search engines index all our pages just as they would any other part of the web.  This guy could easily have been led to a long-forgotten page doing a search about Joker, Las Vegas, anything like that.

I'd tend to believe one of our regular members would have been aware of any Joker road trips, so I'm not saying our newcomer is right, but I'm not faulting him for reviving a dead thread.
[/quote]
I'll add that Matt's scenario makes all the more sense since we reopened several of our subforums for public viewing by non-members.  If you guys can see them without logging in, so can Google.

I've said all along that reviving a dead thread isn't a problem per se, particularly if the information is relevant (of course, as Matt notes, we don't know one way or the other if that's the case here).  It's another matter when someone decides to revive a series of dead threads with nothing more that "I agree," "Yes" or "You make some good points" just to raise his post count or because he's otherwise desperate to post something, no matter how useless.  If that happens, well, remember that there's a reason why all new members are on moderated status.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:11:11 PM by dzinkin »

tpirfan28

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
Hmm...can I put that in the redacted file, then?

What struck me as odd though...I used the search function both here and at Google, and by searching the string "joker's wild taped in las vegas" (sans quotes) didn't bring this page right up.  The only reference I got to this page via our wonderful search engine was on page 32 (before Michi-Matt and Zink's responses)...and even that wasn't the first post (it was davemackey's).  Shouldn't the search function be able to search the titles too?  I just used the default search box that comes up after you hit "search".

Finding it was more of the...well...oddity.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'149544\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 06:20 PM\']What struck me as odd though...I used the search function both here and at Google, and by searching the string "joker's wild taped in las vegas" (sans quotes) didn't bring this page right up.  [/quote]
If you're not putting two-word proper nouns in quotes, you're really not using Google effectively.  And sure enough, googling your term correctly ("joker's wild" taped in "las vegas") brings up our forum page.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.