Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Balderdash  (Read 2332 times)

adamjk

Balderdash
« on: September 29, 2004, 08:48:30 PM »
Does anyone else see some of Gene Rayburn in Elaine, with her hosting style, and the rapport she has with the celebs?

The Ol' Guy

Balderdash
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 09:27:53 PM »
She has the advantage of probably working with or meeting many of the people in her stand-up days. You're right - she does seem very comfortable with most of the panelists and knows when to take charge or go for a joke without stepping on the stars' toes. Funny - the photo that wound up in a certain website when everything was first announced was scary - almost looked like a mug shot after an arrest for DUI (nicer than the term that first came to mind). If she fit, I'd let her host one of my shows. She's got the smarts...

bricon

Balderdash
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:32:16 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Sep 29 2004, 08:27 PM\']She has the advantage of probably working with or meeting many of the people in her stand-up days. You're right - she does seem very comfortable with most of the panelists and knows when to take charge or go for a joke without stepping on the stars' toes. [/quote]

And in some cases, knowing the panelists well enough to give them a call a couple of days before taping for a pep talk and coaching session.

[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Sep 29 2004, 08:27 PM\']Funny - the photo that wound up in a certain website when everything was first announced was scary - almost looked like a mug shot after an arrest for DUI (nicer than the term that first came to mind). If she fit, I'd let her host one of my shows. She's got the smarts...
[snapback]58909[/snapback]
[/quote]

When she saw that photo at the office, (assuming you're referring to the one at tvgameshows.net)  she printed it and drew a pointy witches hat on herself :)