Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Beat The Block" on WPLJ  (Read 2446 times)

Sonic Whammy

"Beat The Block" on WPLJ
« on: September 28, 2004, 06:35:19 PM »
Greetings, gang.

Today, on New York radio station WPLJ, our good friend Jason Block is at it again.

Or as they call him, "Jason Block the Cuckoo Clock"... *sigh*

For the last several years, the station has run a trivia game on Tuesday mornings where call-in contestants tried to "Beat the Brucer" (in reference to one of the producers of the station whose name escapes me right now). The game is reminiscent of the final round of Beat The Geeks, where each player takes turns at general knowledge 1, 2 and 3 point questions. The only changes: The champ CAN take an easier question, opponents can steal on wrong answers, each player has equal turns, and it's a fight to 10 points, not 7.

Well, the "Brucer" has stepped down, and today, Jason Block has become the new King of the Hill. He also notched up his first win 10-5.

I want to take this chance to congratulate Jason on getting his first win in the books. Jason, the worst is over. Everything from here is gravy.

If anyone is interested, look into catching the show on WPLJ 95.5 Tuesday mornings at 7:30 EST. It's a lot of fun.

(FYI: He actually faced the Brucer a couple years back and lost, I hear, but came close.)
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now