Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD 90  (Read 2622 times)

golden-road

LMAD 90
« on: September 27, 2004, 06:24:59 PM »
Did the Dick Clark & Buena Vista logos appear at the end? Also, how did the opening go? Finally how was the video wall used?

whewfan

LMAD 90
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 06:43:58 PM »
I think the DC logo appeared.

The show had 2 different openings. When Monty took over, the opening was trimmed slightly, and the part that was cut was in parenthesis. It went something like this

"Behind these everchanging doors lies an array of prizes and surprises. From MGM Studios in Orlando Florida, people from all over have come to play America's greatest game (It's big, it's bold, it's the one and only) Let's Make a Deal.

Intro for Bob Hilton: And now, here's your host, the man with money in his pocket and a twinkle in his eye... BOB HILTON!

Intro for Monty: And now, here's our special guest host, the big dealer himself, MONTY HALL!

The video wall was basically another concealer of a prize or zonk, not unlike the 3 doors or the box on the display floor, that's it.

jrjgames

LMAD 90
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 06:45:03 PM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' date=\'Sep 27 2004, 05:24 PM\'] Did the Dick Clark & Buena Vista logos appear at the end? Also, how did the opening go? Finally how was the video wall used? [/quote]
 The end of the show was a RON GREENBURG PRODUCTION in association with DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS

golden-road

LMAD 90
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 02:22:08 PM »
What were some of the deals? Did Dick Clark himself appear? What was the biggest Big Deal?

whewfan

LMAD 90
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 05:54:21 PM »
The deals on LMAD 90 were no different than they were in the previous versions. They still did Beat the Dealer, and the various "trade the money/wallet/whatever for the unknown behind the box/curtain/videowall.

One notable difference with LMAD 90 was that there was no male sidekick/announcer. Monty would just do exchanges with the female models.

I don't believe Dick Clark ever made an appearance, but Monty did want to try him out as a host... Dick Clark watched some old LMAD tapes and told Monty "I can't do that!"

uncamark

LMAD 90
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 06:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Sep 28 2004, 04:54 PM\']The deals on LMAD 90 were no different than they were in the previous versions. They still did Beat the Dealer, and the various "trade the money/wallet/whatever for the unknown behind the box/curtain/videowall. [/quote]
There were some new props and twists on the basic deal formats, but I don't really remember details that much.

There was one interesting difference on pricing deals--the audience was allowed to shout assistance when Bob Hilton was hosting--when Monty took over and the crowd started screaming out help, he immediately shut them up.  His show, his rules.