Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Online GS Encyyclopedia  (Read 2721 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Online GS Encyyclopedia
« on: September 29, 2004, 12:17:42 AM »
Over the last couple months, I've been rolling this idea around in my head.  The idea would be a place where you could look up various stats, records, and other things pertaining to game shows: biggest showcase on TPIR, fastest Scrabble Sprint time, and other stuff.  The EoTVGS is great, but if for some reason (who knows why) you would need info like that, there would be a place for it.

THIS IS NOT A REQUEST OR INVITATION FOR ENTRIES, EVEN IF YOU COULD PROVIDE THEM.  I don't want to turn this into a huge thread and suck down a bunch of bandwidth.

Basically, is there anyone out there who would be interested in putting this type of collection together, and more importantly, would anyone here use it?  If so, then we can go from there.  If not, then this will just go into the dustbin of Invision.
Travis L. Eberle

mystery7

Online GS Encyyclopedia
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 12:39:50 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 29 2004, 12:17 AM\'] The EoTVGS is great, but if for some reason (who knows why) you would need info like that, there would be a place for it.

[/quote]
 Isn't that why Zach Horan is here? He IS that place.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Online GS Encyyclopedia
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 12:46:46 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Sep 28 2004, 09:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 29 2004, 12:17 AM\'] The EoTVGS is great, but if for some reason (who knows why) you would need info like that, there would be a place for it.

[/quote]
Isn't that why Zach Horan is here? He IS that place. [/quote]
 No comment.

It might be a good thing to set up a Wiki for. That way everyone could make entries, and nobody would have to compile the information themselves. Granted, I don't know the first thing about setting up and organizing a Wiki, but there it is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Online GS Encyyclopedia
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 01:45:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 28 2004, 11:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Sep 28 2004, 09:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Sep 29 2004, 12:17 AM\'] The EoTVGS is great, but if for some reason (who knows why) you would need info like that, there would be a place for it.

[/quote]
Isn't that why Zach Horan is here? He IS that place. [/quote]
No comment.

It might be a good thing to set up a Wiki for. That way everyone could make entries, and nobody would have to compile the information themselves. Granted, I don't know the first thing about setting up and organizing a Wiki, but there it is. [/quote]
 I don't know what format we used a few years ago (calling Jay Lewis, Dean Scungio, Gene Platt, Chico Alexander) when we compiled the 'Netgame Encyclopedia, but it had search functions, etc. so you could easily find what you were looking for.

Perhaps one of the aforementioned gentlemen remember?
--Mark
Phil 4:13