Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attending a Millionaire taping  (Read 2907 times)

SamJ93

Attending a Millionaire taping
« on: October 08, 2004, 04:48:43 PM »
I'm planning on attending a "Millionaire" taping in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone who's been to one could answer a few questions:

1. How early do you recommend showing up to the studio?  I was planning on getting there around 3:15-3:30 for the 4PM.

2. I also plan on auditioning for the show after the taping.  What exactly is the audition process like?  Does it use Fastest-Finger questions like the old phone game, or is it just multiple-choice like the show?

3. Finally, about how long does a taping of one show last?

Thanks!

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Timsterino

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:00:57 PM »
1. Get there by at least 2:30. It is a small studio and it fills up fast.

2. You take a test before the taping begins. I believe (it is a little different from my day) that is a 30 question, multiple choice test based on higher tier questions from previous syndicated Millionaire seasons. After the taping ends, they call the passers down and you have a little interview with a show producer.

3. You will see either two or three episodes tape in a session. Each episode takes about 45 minutes from start to finish (depending on re-shoots, etc).

Have fun and good luck!
Tim :-)

Steve McClellan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 05:17:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Oct 8 2004, 02:00 PM\']You take a test before the taping begins. I believe (it is a little different from my day) that is a 30 question, multiple choice test based on higher tier questions from previous syndicated Millionaire seasons. After the taping ends, they call the passers down and you have a little interview with a show producer.[/quote]
Correct on the format, but I'd say most of the questions were 8-to-16K-level, with a few significantly more difficult, and a few significantly easier.

You will see either two or three episodes tape in a session. Each episode takes about 45 minutes from start to finish (depending on re-shoots, etc).
Unless it's a special week, it's two episodes per audience, as they only tape four a day. On my tape day, each episode ran 50-55 minutes. They did fairly well at starting the shows at 2, 3, 4, and 5:00.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 06:54:26 PM »
And I would get there at least an hour before the announced "prospective contestants" time on your confirmation--I showed up at 11 a.m. for a 12:15 p.m. door opening and there were already about 15 or so people in line on 67th Street (the entrance is in the middle of the block, so you're not clogging the doors where the Regis and Kelly audience is coming out on the corner, although you may be interacting with the Tony Danza audience if you're arriving (their studio's right next to TV-1, "WWTBAM"'s studio).  Anyone who wants to try out will get a clipboard with an application and a "WWTBAM" pencil while they're in line and you can fill it out then.

Oh--last Friday the post card came and, unfortunately, I didn't impress the interviewer and will not be in the contestant pool.  I can always try again next time in New York--and the shows I saw that day will air on Nov. 15 and 16--more about the day as we get closer to those dates.