Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Occasion where the host plays his own show.  (Read 7011 times)

Stevek83

An Occasion where the host plays his own show.
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:18:52 PM »
Can anyone think of any? I think its really cool when you get to see the host play his/her show for charity or if its a different incarnation. I could only think of two though:

1. Sajak playing for charity on April Fool's Day on Wheel
2. Meredith Veirra(sp?) playing on Regis Millionaire for charity.

Could anyone think of any others?

adamjk

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 11:39:18 PM »
Chuck Woolery played on Scrabble once, during the game show hosts tourney.

LetsGoMets2003

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 11:44:49 PM »
Of course, as a Double Dare fanatic, the Marc Vs. Harvey episode with J.M. J. Bullock hosting comes to mind. It just re-ran on Nick GaS this week, actually.

James

PS: BTW, on the topic of Marc, he was kind enough to call me the other day for a few minutes out of the blue after I sent a heartfelt letter to his agents for an autograph. He's a really nice, genuine man if any of you are ever lucky enough to speak with him. For Marc and his agents' sake, I will say nothing more about this, except that it was an unforgettable experience, for me, anyway! ;)

TV Favorites

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 11:48:37 PM »
Allen Ludden played Password a time or two I believe.

Bert Convy also played Tattletales with his wife often.

Gene Rayburn sat on the celebrity panel at least once for part of a show.

A little stretched, but Bob Barker played the Clock Game on the Wayne Brady show.

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 11:51:07 PM »
During the week when Tom Kennedy's brother Jack Narz was a guest on Password Plus, Tom played a few rounds while Jack hosted.  And John Davidson was the center square on HS when Alf hosted.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 11:52:25 PM by dzinkin »

adamjk

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 11:55:18 PM »
Speaking of the Squares, Tom Bergeron played at least twice. Once when, Rosie O Donnell took over for a bit, and then again during game shows host week 2 years ago, when Peter Marshall took back the reins for a day.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 01:47:54 AM »
On the final NBC episode of GONG, Chuck Barris formed a band (with some members of DeLugg's band) and played the Johnny Paycheck standard "Take This Job And Shove It" (billing themselves as the Hollywood Cowboys).  Jamie Farr gonged him anyway (as revenge for all the "long of nose" intros).

And since we're talking different incarnations, Dick Clark did Donny's PYRAMID at least once (and I believe also did Cullen's version--although I'm not totally sure about that).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 02:11:36 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 12:47 AM\'](and I believe also did Cullen's version--although I'm not totally sure about that).
[snapback]60137[/snapback]
[/quote]
He did, and Cullen of course, did Dick.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Johnissoevil

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 03:11:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 01:11 AM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 12:47 AM\'](and I believe also did Cullen's version--although I'm not totally sure about that).
[snapback]60137[/snapback]
[/quote]
He did, and Cullen of course, did Dick.
[snapback]60138[/snapback]
[/quote]

*Insert canned NBC laughter here*

I'm sorry.  I just couldn't resist.

ObGameShows:  When any of my buddies give me any kind of "info" about game shows or hosts, I ask for newspaper articles or links.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 03:59:46 AM »
Tom Kennedy played YDS! on NBC with brother Jack Narz hosting and I have a TV Guide ad which shows Tom on the panel of the Clark Race-hosted KTLA editon that aired just prior to the start of the ABC version in 1975.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 07:24:09 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Oct 8 2004, 10:55 PM\']Speaking of the Squares, Tom Bergeron played at least twice. Once when, Rosie O Donnell took over for a bit, and then again during game shows host week 2 years ago, when Peter Marshall took back the reins for a day.
[snapback]60132[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, but that wasn't for charity...he was not in the contestant seat.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 10:37:05 AM »
Does Bert Convy guesting on Password Plus count?

Stevek83

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 11:00:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 09:37 AM\']Does Bert Convy guesting on Password Plus count?
[snapback]60173[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to my original question, Yes :)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 11:11:07 AM »
GSN showed an ep of "Two for the Money" where Herb Shriner was a contestant during Walter O'Keefe's sub hosting stint.  Of course, Daly and Bruner were mystery guests on WML and Blyden was on the panel before he became host.  Blyden also moved from regular player to host of "You're Putting Me On," but that is akin to Convy on "Password Plus"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

alfonzos

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 02:26:02 PM »
Hugh Downs played Concentration against Bob Clayton while Norman Blumenthal hosted an anniversary show. This brings up a funny story: Hugh Downs started the second game by calling two numbers and matching two Forfeits. The trilons rotated to reveal two blank puzzle parts. Downs takes his turn by calling another number and revealing a third Forfeit! Downs says, "If this matches, people are going to think this game is fixed!" Of course, the number he calls reveals a fourth Forfeit. The audience laughs and applauds. The trilons rotate to reveal two more blank spaces. When Downs calls another number, a fifth Forfeit is revealed. Blumenthal then lets everyone in on the joke. The remaining twenty-five trilon are rotated to reveal a board full of Forfeits and a blank puzzle.

I enjoyed that.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos