Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Occasion where the host plays his own show.  (Read 7012 times)

MCArroyo1

An Occasion where the host plays his own show.
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 03:13:32 PM »
Of course, Daly and Bruner were mystery guests on WML and Blyden was on the panel before he became host.

I had no idea that Bruner was ever an MG.  Was this during his own tenure on the show, or once Blyden took over?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 03:18:54 PM »
Wally was a mystery guest during Blyden's tenure.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrentW

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 03:48:58 PM »
Maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, but I thought ALF and John Davidson switched places on Hollywood Squares.  

Brent

Winkfan

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 04:06:27 PM »
Does Bert Convy guesting on Password Plus count?

According to my original question, Yes :)

So did Tom Kennedy back in 1979 (Tom had a mustache during the week he was on) a year before he took over as eventually regular host. In 1987, Tom was a guest on Super Password back when he was hosting Wordplay.

Also, Garry Moore was on the panel of To Tell the Truth in 1962; seven years before he got to host the show himself.

And in 1968, both Ed McMahon and Gene Rayburn switched hosting gigs on Snap Judgement and The Match Game, respectively, while the other was a celeb player. (You see where I'm coming from on this?)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the Della Reese of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:28:51 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

SplitSecond

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 04:10:52 PM »
[quote name=\'BrentW\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 12:48 PM\']Maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, but I thought ALF and John Davidson switched places on Hollywood Squares. 

Brent
[snapback]60211[/snapback]
[/quote]

You must be thinking of when ALF posed as a Cosmo centerfold.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 04:39:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 01:10 PM\'][quote name=\'BrentW\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 12:48 PM\']Maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, but I thought ALF and John Davidson switched places on Hollywood Squares. 
Brent
[snapback]60211[/snapback]
[/quote]
You must be thinking of when ALF posed as a Cosmo centerfold.
[snapback]60215[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, they did. Alf hosted a Secret Square game during the Davidson run.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayC

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2004, 04:47:19 PM »
Mike Adamle was a contestant with Dean Cain and someone else (can't remember the name) on one episode of American Gladiators

adamjk

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2004, 06:28:30 PM »
who ended up winning?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 08:39:02 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 04:47 PM\']Mike Adamle was a contestant with Dean Cain and someone else (can't remember the name) on one episode of American Gladiators
[snapback]60220[/snapback]
[/quote]
The correct question is "who is John C. McGinley?".  BTW, with three contenders, one had to be eliminated midway through, and Mike lost a Tug-of-War tiebreaker to John.  In the end, Dean won.

The closest I've ever seen Regis come to actually playing Millionaire was the intro to the first celebrity week, where he played a mock game and Dana Carvey impersonated him.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 08:55:22 PM »
Let us not forget an episode of H2 where Tom Bergeron takes the center square so "the Master of the Hollywood Squares... Peter Marshall" himself can retake the podium for the day.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 10:30:50 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 05:55 PM\']Let us not forget an episode of H2 where Tom Bergeron takes the center square
[snapback]60242[/snapback]
[/quote]
Let us be sure to read entire threads before looking foolish by making Zachish statements like "let us not forget" when it turns out that the item was covered on the first page of the thread.

(Of course, if you have Adam killfiled (and I can't blame you), you didn't see it. But if you're killfiling people you willingly give up the right to use phrases like "let us not forget" since you're intentionally putting yourself in a position not to see information.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 11:10:03 PM »
Wally was a mystery guest during Blyden's tenure.

He also appeared as a MG while he was still hosting.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2004, 01:03:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 09:30 PM\'][quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Oct 9 2004, 05:55 PM\']Let us not forget an episode of H2 where Tom Bergeron takes the center square
[snapback]60242[/snapback]
[/quote]
Let us be sure to read entire threads before looking foolish by making Zachish statements like "let us not forget" when it turns out that the item was covered on the first page of the thread.

(Of course, if you have Adam killfiled (and I can't blame you), you didn't see it. But if you're killfiling people you willingly give up the right to use phrases like "let us not forget" since you're intentionally putting yourself in a position not to see information.)
[snapback]60248[/snapback]
[/quote]
My bad... sorry.

Damn... I just got compared to Zach.  I'm going to pummel myself about the head with a large mallet now.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Don Howard

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2004, 02:55:16 PM »
On the final CBS What's My Line?, John Daly was a contestant on his own show--while hosting it.

Bob Zager

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 02:41:43 PM »
GSN aired some early syndicated TTTT episodes where if a member of the panel would've "disqualified" him/herself from questioning, they would switch places with Garry Moore, having him question the team of challengers.  In one case, Bill Cullen was subbing for vacationing Garry Moore, and Peggy Cass traded places with Bill for the one round.

Among other occurrences, I recall Chuck Woolery playing Scrabble, during a "Game Show Hosts," week for charities, while one of the other participants occupied his podium.  The only one I recall seeing do so, was Marc Summers.

The EOTVGS mentions Bill Cullen playing The Price is Right for one week, while Robert Q. Lewis hosted.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 02:44:29 PM by Bob Zager »