Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Celebrity Player" Veterans  (Read 10070 times)

Jimmy Owen

Game Show "Celebrity Player" Veterans
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2004, 06:28:03 PM »
I was unsure if they were on after or before the Beatles, so I changed my initial post you quoted.  It was a comedy routine, I think you can get that episode on DVD.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2004, 06:29:52 PM »
I got $50 and a really pretty star saphire ring that I still wear.
Sarah Coventry I presume (accept no substitutes).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2004, 08:23:28 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 02:35 PM\']Lisa Ann Walter, which some of you lusted after when she appeared on one of the comedian U.S. "TWL" shows, is also in the film.
[snapback]60926[/snapback]
[/quote]
I take umbrage at that comment.

I was lusting after her well before. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2004, 08:36:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 04:10 PM\']Does anyone know how Charlie Brill and Mitzi McCall gained celebrity status? They appeared on Match Game, Tattletales, Rhyme and Reason and the Gong Show. I assume there's a fifth out there somewhere, though they probably don't meet the three decade standard. But anyway, who the hell are they?
[snapback]60930[/snapback]
[/quote]

Your basic 60s husband-wife comedy team, sort of a poor man's Stiller and Meara.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Neumms

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2004, 03:50:49 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Oct 16 2004, 07:36 AM\'][quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 04:10 PM\']Does anyone know how Charlie Brill and Mitzi McCall gained celebrity status? They appeared on Match Game, Tattletales, Rhyme and Reason and the Gong Show. I assume there's a fifth out there somewhere, though they probably don't meet the three decade standard. But anyway, who the hell are they?
[/quote]

Your basic 60s husband-wife comedy team, sort of a poor man's Stiller and Meara.
[snapback]61006[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks. And thanks for the quip in your signature! I can imagine Allen's growly "think about it" now.

ChuckNet

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
[Jim Perry]Talking about Lisa Ann Walter, her now-infamous "jugs" clue on a 2002 ep of Pyramid caught the attention of many a GS fan...however, w/the show now in reruns on PAX, I hope it doesn't catch the attention of their censors. We'll be right back (cue $otC theme).[/JP]

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2004, 05:06:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 03:10 PM\']
Does anyone know how Charlie Brill and Mitzi McCall gained celebrity status? They appeared on Match Game, Tattletales, Rhyme and Reason and the Gong Show. I assume there's a fifth out there somewhere, though they probably don't meet the three decade standard. But anyway, who the hell are they?
[/quote]

I remember Mitzi appearing on Celebrity Sweepstakes (Charlie was probably there, too.)  There was one ep where Mitzi (apparently thinking she was off-camera) lit up a cigarette, possibly unaware that the camera was panning the panel while the end credits were rolling.

Esoteric Eric, ObCharlieBrill:  Charlie guest-starred (sans moustache and shades) as Klingon spy Arne Darvin in Star Trek's "The Trouble with Tribbles" (1967) and DS9's "Trials and Tribble-ations" (1996)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976