Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Extreme Dodgeball" spreads  (Read 2140 times)

J.R.

"Extreme Dodgeball" spreads
« on: October 15, 2004, 03:23:37 PM »
(Mark ("DSmith") can back me up on this)

Today, I was walking by today and I discovered that The Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) is starting it's own "Extreme Dodgeball".

Details are that up to 20 teams of 6 can join, and each team has to pay $20 to make it offcial. The grand prize is a trophy.

There was no mention of GSN, but the fact the words "Extreme Dodgeball" are on it tells me that GSN is popular among the masses.

I'll add-in more details as they come up.
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

sshuffield70

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 09:41:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Oct 15 2004, 02:23 PM\'](Mark ("DSmith") can back me up on this)

Today, I was walking by today and I discovered that The Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) is starting it's own "Extreme Dodgeball".

Details are that up to 20 teams of 6 can join, and each team has to pay $20 to make it offcial. The grand prize is a trophy.

There was no mention of GSN, but the fact the words "Extreme Dodgeball" are on it tells me that GSN is popular among the masses.

I'll add-in more details as they come up.
-Joe R.
[snapback]60915[/snapback]
[/quote]

throws everything including the kitchen sink at the college.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:54:21 PM »
I like GSN's dodgeball show, so I don't feel inclined to throw kitchen accessories at anybody. The sport, "extreme" or not, is enjoying renewed popularity on college campuses and elsewhere.

There was even a commercial with Randy Johnson hurling the big round ball. If I saw Randy coming at me, I'd just step to the sidelines.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 10:00:51 PM by CaseyAbell »