Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shop 'Til You Drop New Season  (Read 2562 times)

gsfan85

Shop 'Til You Drop New Season
« on: October 19, 2004, 01:42:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I saw on paxtv.com that Shop 'Til You Drop begun a new season on October 4th.  I taped it last night, and saw no difference from last season.

Are there any differences I didn't notice?

Adam

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 02:58:43 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Oct 19 2004, 12:42 PM\']Are there any differences I didn't notice?
[snapback]61356[/snapback]
[/quote]
JD Roboto is more annoying than before.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 03:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Oct 19 2004, 12:42 PM\']Hey everyone,

I saw on paxtv.com that Shop 'Til You Drop begun a new season on October 4th.  I taped it last night, and saw no difference from last season.

Are there any differences I didn't notice?

Adam
[snapback]61356[/snapback]
[/quote]

I looked at the opening last nite...it looked like they modified the set, but I'm not sure. I noticed a crane cam rises up from the floor, getting a shot of the set. Looking from season to season, it looked different to me, but I could be mistaken.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 04:29:12 PM »
The only different things I noticed:

A larger, easier-to-read font for the department names on the boxes.

For the bonus round, the 1:30 clock is now sponsored ("Let's put 90 seconds on the Ragu clock").

Sometimes, as they go to commercial, the camera pulls back to reveal a display of some product that paid for the brief visual promotion, sitting in no relation to the rest of the "store."

I think the big screen TV at the end of the Electronics aisle may have been turned so it more easily faces the audience, too.

No dramatically different changes. Say, I've never bothered to study the end credits -- on the "paid for promotion" page, do they also list the companies that have their names mentioned during the opening/on the contestant podia/etc., or do they just list the prize sponsors?

--
Scott Robinson

opimus

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 05:14:37 PM »
The biggest change is you now can win overseas trips.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 05:15:07 PM by opimus »

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 05:20:58 PM »
HUH??

Look, I don't watch STYD now, but I know in the early days, some guy named Walberg announced trips for Paris and Rome (among other cities).  Those two ARE overseas.

Did you fail geography?

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 07:14:41 PM »
One other difference that I saw, is that once the total hits $1,000 or more, the comma is eliminated.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 08:45:15 PM »
Umm...OK.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!