Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funniest host entrances  (Read 8311 times)

Winkfan

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 05:41:01 PM »
While Ray was hosting Feud one year, upon his entering the stage didn't he fall down the steps or something? I seem to remember something like that happening.

Yes, it happened; it was around 1989.

And here are a few more of Geno's MG entrances:

1.) He's 'pulling' on a dummy leg.

2.) He's seen reading a newspaper when the doors open. (He did that gag twice)

3.) He's napping when the doors were opened and Brett goes over to wake him up.

4.) He comes out from stage left on roller skates.

There was one time on Tic Tac Dough when the Winkster 'crawled' on stage.

Other hosts who made 'funny entrances' would also include Al DuBois on Bumper Stumpers, who would 'leap' onto the stage; and David Ruprecht on Supermarket Sweep, who would often run out into the audience and 'high-five' some of the members; one time, he kissed his wife, who was seated there, same with his mother.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Siv Averg of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 09:28:57 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

whewfan

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 09:39:14 PM »
A couple more I thought of...

Password Plus-
Tony Randall zig zags his way down the steps, trying to upstage Marcia Wallace

Allen Ludden enters wearing Bowzer's jacket, which is much too small for him.

While not a funny entrance, once Betty White nearly stumbled down the steps during one opening, and I guess she was injured, because she was seated with her partner at the main area for the rest of the week.

During one week when Bill Cullen subbed, Greg Morris takes a seat at the host podium, but moves out of the way once Bill walks on.

Similarly, Gene Rayburn stood behind the host podium when Tom Kennedy took over for Allen. Tom allowed Gene to do the intro, but Gene realized too late that there was no mike on the podium, and gives Tom back his seat, explaining "I was getting a hernia shouting because there's no mike there!"
(I am guessing no one attempted to unseat Allen during his reign... somehow I don't think Allen would tolerate that)

Wheel of Fortune
Not really an entrance, but I do recall Pat Sajak modeling a car during one of the intros

Classic Concentration
Once, Margarie Goodson entered instead of Alex, explaining that Alex had gone too far with his ribbing of Margarie, and Alex was stuck modeling a boat that was shaped like a tractor, with Alex wearing a straw hat, trying to maneuver the boat. Margarie spares Alex further humiliation and gives Alex his job back.

adamjk

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 09:55:29 PM »
One of the funnier Price is Right entrances came from the mid 1980's(1983 I do believe it was).

The last of the first four contestants that day, was a woman named Susan. However, she thought it was a different Susan, and so she didn't come down right away. Finally she realized, it was her after all, and she came down.

Then, when Bob was introed, he decided to get back at Susan for this. The big doors opened, and he wasn't there! Finally after making everyone wait for a few moments, he walked out the doors. Really funny intro. There is a clip of this at www.tpir.tv BTW, which is where I saw the clip.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 09:58:30 PM by adamjk »

Don Howard

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 10:01:30 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 04:01 PM\'][What is the significance of 6296?
[snapback]61621[/snapback]
[/quote]
That was the day he hung himself...while on "suicide watch".

BrandonFG

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 10:13:55 PM »
EDIT: Don summed it up for me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 10:16:52 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 10:15:16 PM »
From Face the Music:

Ron normally entered from the behind the viewer's left side and then came down the stairs.  Once, in the second season, he came from the opposite side and then said he wanted to be different.  Another time, they lifted up the big door and Ron was sitting down on the set.  He then said "I get bored back there just waiting around."

In the 2nd season frequently, while Tommy Oliver was introed, the bass player would give Tommy rabbit ears.

J.R.

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 11:55:36 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 08:39 PM\']Wheel of Fortune
Not really an entrance, but I do recall Pat Sajak modeling a car during one of the intros
[snapback]61632[/snapback]
[/quote]

On his 2nd-to-last daytime episode. Pat can be seen on the Prize Turntable "chatting" with a male mannequin then came up to his side of the rail and proclaimed he was the "God of Love" and said "Hi!" to Vanna as she was making her way to the puzzleboard.

Pat was sure goofy on his final week!
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

MyCapableAssistant

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 12:23:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 08:01 PM\'][quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 04:01 PM\'][What is the significance of 6296?
[snapback]61621[/snapback]
[/quote]
That was the day he hung himself...while on "suicide watch".
[snapback]61634[/snapback]
[/quote]
I see that now. I hadn't recognized it as such before because I was looking
at YEARS when I saw 5696.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 12:24:16 AM by MyCapableAssistant »

ChuckNet

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 06:38:29 PM »
Yes, that was the week of Webber's Bread and the roach clip. That was a darn good week on Password Plus, and if you missed it, where were you?

In the womb. :-) But I digress...that wk also featured future Blockbusters super-champ Leland Yung as a contestant.

As for funny entrances, I recall Al DuBois once walking out backwards on an ep of Bumper Stumpers, claiming it was a "reverse exit", or something like that.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 06:39:52 PM by ChuckNet »

ChuckNet

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2004, 01:15:07 AM »
The last of the first four contestants that day, was a woman named Susan. However, she thought it was a different Susan, and so she didn't come down right away. Finally she realized, it was her after all, and she came down.

Turns out she was using her married name, I believe...a similar gambit occured some 15 yrs later in 98 w/the infamous Nicole Thorenson/Barrington incident. Unlike Susan's escapade, however, Rod "gave up" and called an alternate, w/Nicole coming down for the 2nd One-Bid after the issue was resolved.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

davidhammett

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2004, 02:21:23 AM »
Not quite on topic, but close enough... There was the episode of the NBC daytime Wheel of Fortune where Vanna White got introduced... and Betty White walked out instead.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Funniest host entrances
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2004, 04:31:03 AM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' date=\'Oct 22 2004, 11:21 PM\']Not quite on topic, but close enough... There was the episode of the NBC daytime Wheel of Fortune where Vanna White got introduced... and Betty White walked out instead.
[snapback]61735[/snapback]
[/quote]
Why'd this happen? Was it a gimmick to promote "Just Men"?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robair

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2004, 06:47:36 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 03:31 AM\'][quote name=\'davidhammett\' date=\'Oct 22 2004, 11:21 PM\']Not quite on topic, but close enough... There was the episode of the NBC daytime Wheel of Fortune where Vanna White got introduced... and Betty White walked out instead.
[/quote]
[snapback]61737[/snapback]
[/quote]

Bingo! Your standard "Meet the New Host In Town" cameo.
--Robair

Don Howard

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2004, 11:20:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 05:47 AM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 03:31 AM\'][quote name=\'davidhammett\' date=\'Oct 22 2004, 11:21 PM\']Not quite on topic, but close enough... There was the episode of the NBC daytime Wheel of Fortune where Vanna White got introduced... and Betty White walked out instead.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[snapback]61738[/snapback]
[/quote]
If so, they were promoting a 13-weeks-and-out show that had been canned five years earlier. It happened in 1988.

davidhammett

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2004, 05:57:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 10:20 AM\'][quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 05:47 AM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 23 2004, 03:31 AM\'][quote name=\'davidhammett\' date=\'Oct 22 2004, 11:21 PM\']Not quite on topic, but close enough... There was the episode of the NBC daytime Wheel of Fortune where Vanna White got introduced... and Betty White walked out instead.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[snapback]61738[/snapback]
[/quote]
If so, they were promoting a 13-weeks-and-out show that had been canned five years earlier. It happened in 1988.
[snapback]61746[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I wasn't sure of the date... I was going to say 1987... but I didn't think it went back as far as 1983.