Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funniest host entrances  (Read 8306 times)

Particleman

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2004, 06:37:39 PM »
Just yesterday they showed a Match Game 76 intro where Gene was hanging upside-down from the top of one of the "O" stage props.  I guess you'd just have to see it to get it; when you're expecting to see a host walk out and see that instead, it makes for good comedy.  ...they just don't make television like they used to I guess.

The '89 syndicated Feud episode where Viet Pho "took over" as host was kind of a cute intro.  It would have been funnier if it didn't seem so staged.

JMFabiano

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2004, 07:28:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 05:37 PM\']Just yesterday they showed a Match Game 76 intro where Gene was hanging upside-down from the top of one of the "O" stage props.  I guess you'd just have to see it to get it; when you're expecting to see a host walk out and see that instead, it makes for good comedy.  ...they just don't make television like they used to I guess.

The '89 syndicated Feud episode where Viet Pho "took over" as host was kind of a cute intro.  It would have been funnier if it didn't seem so staged.
[snapback]61829[/snapback]
[/quote]

Viet Who?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

cmjb13

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 07:32:12 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 07:28 PM\'][quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 05:37 PM\']Just yesterday they showed a Match Game 76 intro where Gene was hanging upside-down from the top of one of the "O" stage props.  I guess you'd just have to see it to get it; when you're expecting to see a host walk out and see that instead, it makes for good comedy.  ...they just don't make television like they used to I guess.

The '89 syndicated Feud episode where Viet Pho "took over" as host was kind of a cute intro.  It would have been funnier if it didn't seem so staged.
[snapback]61829[/snapback]
[/quote]

Viet Who?
[snapback]61831[/snapback]
[/quote]
I believe he was a former contestant that Combs liked.

First time I ever knew about this and it aired a short time back.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Particleman

Funniest host entrances
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 08:54:46 PM »
I'll have to post a pic of Viet Pho for you.  Ray said he liked Viet because of his calmness and host-like way of approaching the game (it's hard to explain).  Anyway, he was invited back to co-host the show, which turned out disasterous as he kept getting in the way of the camera.  Anyway, Gene Wood announced Viet as the star instead of Ray.  This ep. was recently aired on GSN.