Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which game show host are you?......  (Read 6002 times)

DrBear

Which game show host are you?......
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 08:11:07 AM »
If you're doing the QL thing about setting things right, I'd jump into Louie Anderson and make the first couple of years of the new Feud watchable. (And he's probably the only host I'd fit in).

Other than that? Jim Lange during the 60s Dating Game days, just to hang around all that eye candy.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 08:25:47 AM »
I'll take Jim Perry during his prime (Card Sharks '78 immediately followed by his $ale days...) he hosted those shows wih great style and substance

tvwxman

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 10:54:54 AM »
Here's an off the chart reply:

Bobby Van. He was a heckuva showman, and I thought his career was great, esp on stage on Broadway....one of the old school guys who tried to conquer both coasts!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 10:14:07 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 26 2004, 02:30 PM\']Next one. "Quantum Leap" style, you can go back in time and occupy the body of any game show host. Which one do you choose and why?
[snapback]62042[/snapback]
[/quote]
Jim Peck. Because I like falling down stairs.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 11:32:07 PM »
Either Ray Combs, w/his anything-for-a-laugh style, or Dick Gautier, who was all about pushing the envelope.

Case in point for the latter: on a Super Password wk he did w/Jenilee Harrison (her 1st time on SP), Bert mentioned at the top of Mon's show that he first met Jenilee when she was the audience "mike girl" on TT for that day, at age 17...this prompted Dick to say something about Roman Polanski before Bert quicky shut him up. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")