Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show-Related News from Japan  (Read 2390 times)

CarbonCpy

Game Show-Related News from Japan
« on: October 28, 2004, 12:53:54 AM »
First off, SpikeTV has been running advertisements on their new show, "Hey! Spring of Trivia," set to air on Thursdays at 9, eastern.  It's another Japanese game show that I've been trying to find a little more info on it (like will it be 'MXC's-put-funny-words-in-their-mouth' dubbing, or 'Iron-Chef's-near-literal-translation' dubbing.  But I'm leaning towards the MXC one), but haven't come up with anything.  Anyone else hear about this one?

http://quiz-show.sega.jp

This, on the other hand, I've found a link for, but I can't read a word of it.  I found it searching through Google for info on "Hey! Spring of Trivia."  Best I can gather, it's one of those 'giant, gotta have a gimmick' arcade games.  From looking at some of the pictures on the site, it's some sort of cross between Lingo, Trump Card, and "Tant-R Puzzle & Action," Sega's marginally sucessful minigames collection from the mid-90s.

From the link, you can click on "About" to see a picture of the full rig (including the wheel that apparently chooses the catagory/games), and 'CF' to see a short 12-megabyte promotional movie done in flash.  As cool as it looks, I doubt very seriously one of those get-ups will make their way any farther east than California.  If anyone can read that and provide an accurate rulesheet (Bablefish only confused me even more), I'll be greatful.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 02:56:02 AM by CarbonCpy »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show-Related News from Japan
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 01:30:30 AM »
oh. my. God.

What do I have to do to get one of these a) in English, and b) in Seattle? Gameworks would be a NATURAL for that thing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe