Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Dough question  (Read 3917 times)

bulldog_06

Tic Tac Dough question
« on: October 29, 2004, 04:28:52 PM »
Does anyone have photos or any recollection of the Wink Martindale-hosted Tic Tac Dough pilot for the CBS version?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:15:40 PM »
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/jay_an...dfacts/wink.jpg

This is a photo of Wink from the pilot. At the least from that I can tell you Wink was armed with the same question feeder device from the 50s show...on that version the appropriate column would blink and a card would rise up out of it for the host to grab.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

GS Warehouse

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 12:01:38 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 11:15 PM\']http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/jay_an...dfacts/wink.jpg
[snapback]62419[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow, Wink looks just like the Angelfire logo!  Jason, could you provide a link to the page instead the pic?

jalman

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 12:51:32 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 11:01 PM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Oct 29 2004, 11:15 PM\']http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/jay_an...dfacts/wink.jpg
[snapback]62419[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow, Wink looks just like the Angelfire logo!  Jason, could you provide a link to the page instead the pic?
[snapback]62425[/snapback]
[/quote]

Copy and paste link into the address bar of your browser to see it.

adamjk

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 01:03:14 AM »
Tried that, and it didn't work.

rugrats1

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 01:06:10 AM »
Copy and paste link into the address bar of your browser to see it.
[snapback]62431[/snapback]
Can't do that -- I just get an error message.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 01:06:24 AM by rugrats1 »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 01:27:21 AM »
Sorry. Click it up to ttdsite.cjb.net and go to "Notes Facts" in the center box.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 05:52:15 AM »
Completely random thought only slightly related to the thread.

I run Proxomitron, which is a discontinued proxy filter, to help weed out some of the crap online.  It seems to successfully foil that image hosting block that frustrates threads like this.  When it's enabled, I can go to the linked image.  But disabled, I have the same problems as anyone else.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

daveromanjr

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 09:19:37 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' date=\'Oct 30 2004, 04:52 AM\']Completely random thought only slightly related to the thread.

I run Proxomitron, which is a discontinued proxy filter, to help weed out some of the crap online.  It seems to successfully foil that image hosting block that frustrates threads like this.  When it's enabled, I can go to the linked image.  But disabled, I have the same problems as anyone else.
[snapback]62449[/snapback]
[/quote]

I use Proxomitron too and the picture came up for me, as well.  I love Proxomitron!

bulldog_06

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 05:30:42 PM »
I had another question about the CBS version of TTD (sorry to bring up a dead post):

Why did the CBS version suffer worse from the syndicated version?

Jimmy Owen

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 05:30 PM\']I had another question about the CBS version of TTD (sorry to bring up a dead post):

[snapback]76890[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't think it suffered from it at all.  The CBS show was already off by the time the syndicated show hit the air, so there was still only one time a day to catch TTD.  Neither version suffered from the other.  If your question is why did TTD last a short time on CBS, I think it was a matter of having made committments to run sitcom reruns in the daytime, I think "All in the Family," "M*A*S*H" and maybe "One Day at a Time" that season, so they had to put them somewhere.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 06:11:30 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 11:41:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 06:01 PM\'][quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 05:30 PM\']I had another question about the CBS version of TTD (sorry to bring up a dead post):
[snapback]76890[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't think it suffered from it at all.  The CBS show was already off by the time the syndicated show hit the air, so there was still only one time a day to catch TTD.  Neither version suffered from the other.  If your question is why did TTD last a short time on CBS, I think it was a matter of having made committments to run sitcom reruns in the daytime, I think "All in the Family," "M*A*S*H" and maybe "One Day at a Time" that season, so they had to put them somewhere.
[snapback]76894[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was M*A*S*H's five-a-week debut at 3:30pm which moved All In The Family to 10am thereby handing TTD the heave-ho. One Day At A Time replaced M*A*S*H when it went into syndication the following fall.
Do you suppose TTD was meant merely to be a stop gap because they didn't want Pass The Buck to run beyond June? Or maybe TTD was simply getting its brains beat by Card Sharks.

Ian Wallis

Tic Tac Dough question
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 09:19:17 AM »
Do you suppose TTD was meant merely to be a stop gap because they didn't want Pass The Buck to run beyond June? Or maybe TTD was simply getting its brains beat by Card Sharks.

From what I read, "Tic Tac Dough" was supposed to be the first game show to run concurrently five days a week on network and in syndication.  The ratings for the CBS version were terrible, and when the cancellation notice came Barry-Enright were worried and actually considered not going ahead with the syndie version.  Luckily they decided to give it a shot - and the rest is history.  I guess some shows just work better in syndication than they do on the network.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!