Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that we don't see a host entrance  (Read 7169 times)

hines2000

Shows that we don't see a host entrance
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 08:58:55 PM »
"The Name's the Same" had the host seated at his desk at the start of the show.

Eric

PeterTomarkensGal

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 09:56:28 PM »
On Paranoia, there was no host entrance - PT was standing at his locked in podium at the start of the show.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 10:46:07 PM »
You could also make a case for WLoD.  The host (be it Convy, Lawrence or Weller) was already on stage as the cameras came on--all he/she had to do was turn around and walk a few steps, greet the audience and walk back toward the easel.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 12:33:29 PM »
More. More! MORE!!! Listen up. You Bet Your Life. Groucho was already in game position when introduced by George Fenneman.
Also, Jay Jackson on Tic Tac Dough.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:35:01 PM by Don Howard »

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 12:51:31 PM »
Maury's Twenty-One was mentioned - didn't the original Twenty-One also have Jack opening each show with a dramatic stage-setter from his podium? The two or three episodes I've seen started that way..were they special, or the norm?

Winkfan

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 07:47:32 PM »
Maury's Twenty-One was mentioned - didn't the original Twenty-One also have Jack opening each show with a dramatic stage-setter from his podium? The two or three episodes I've seen started that way..were they special, or the norm?

That was the normal way it was done. In fact, I mentioned it in a previous thread about GS openings.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Sarah Kennedy of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:46:47 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

irismason42

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004, 01:50:59 PM »
There are 3 more shows that we don't see a host entrance, What Would You Do?, Get The Picture Season 1 and Guts/Global Guts.

melman1

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 12:55:54 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Nov 3 2004, 11:50 AM\']There are 3 more shows [/quote]

In other words, you knew the answer all along.  Now there's a big surprise.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2004, 05:48:39 PM »
If this guy could be considered a "host,"...

Did "Inquisition" have a host entrance? I didn't think it did because I never saw the guy's face, coming OR going.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2004, 08:39:21 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Nov 6 2004, 03:48 PM\']If this guy could be considered a "host,"...

Did "Inquisition" have a host entrance? I didn't think it did because I never saw the guy's face, coming OR going.
[snapback]63183[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, he DID ask the questions, eliminate players and award the prize at the end.  Sounds like host's work for me.  Now, not a very NICE host at all, but still a host.

Now, if memory serves, we saw him from behind walking into a warehouse, then saw him walking toward his chair (while a bright light obscured his face) then there was a cut to the 'standard' shot.  That's about as close to an entrance as you can get without actually being one.
Travis L. Eberle

uncamark

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 04:54:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Nov 6 2004, 08:39 PM\'][quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Nov 6 2004, 03:48 PM\']If this guy could be considered a "host,"...

[snapback]63183[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, he DID ask the questions, eliminate players and award the prize at the end.  Sounds like host's work for me.  Now, not a very NICE host at all, but still a host.

Now, if memory serves, we saw him from behind walking into a warehouse, then saw him walking toward his chair (while a bright light obscured his face) then there was a cut to the 'standard' shot.  That's about as close to an entrance as you can get without actually being one.
[snapback]63190[/snapback]
[/quote]

And we saw him leave the warehouse/hangar/whatever you thing it was at the end and utter a diabolical laugh as the crawl ended right before the cut to the GSN originals logo.

irismason42

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 09:14:23 PM »
And also, Celebrity Sweepstakes both daytime and nighttime had no host entrance, now IIRC, the daytime version used the Stan Worth version of the theme music which we now have as a full clean theme, while the nighttime version has the Alan Thicke version of the theme music, this would be heard on back when it was tvthemesonline.com. And I now heard Jim McKrell said "they're hearing the actual questions for the very first time", this phrase can also be heard on both the daytime and nighttime Vintage Squares.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:16:54 PM by irismason42 »

aaron sica

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 09:51:23 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 15 2005, 09:14 PM\']And also, Celebrity Sweepstakes both daytime and nighttime had no host entrance, now IIRC, the daytime version used the Stan Worth version of the theme music which we now have as a full clean theme, while the nighttime version has the Alan Thicke version of the theme music, this would be heard on back when it was tvthemesonline.com. And I now heard Jim McKrell said "they're hearing the actual questions for the very first time", this phrase can also be heard on both the daytime and nighttime Vintage Squares.
[snapback]85538[/snapback]
[/quote]

Pulling a months-old thread out, but on the bright side: (S)he's making progress! TWO Sentences, not one!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 09:53:10 PM by aaron sica »

Don Howard

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 10:06:56 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 15 2005, 08:14 PM\']Celebrity Sweepstakes both daytime and nighttime had no host entrance, now IIRC, the daytime version used the Stan Worth version of the theme music which we now have as a full clean theme, while the nighttime version has the Alan Thicke version of the theme music, this would be heard on back when it was tvthemesonline.com.
[snapback]85538[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wrong!!!! Again.
Both themes were used at various times on both versions. Keep swingin', Iris.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:07:33 PM by Don Howard »

saussage

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 11:20:52 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 06:11 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Nov 1 2004, 01:38 PM\']icanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyouicanthearyou
[snapback]62660[/snapback]
[/quote]
This is the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen.
[snapback]62690[/snapback]
[/quote]
My tongue is in a knot trying to say it :)

On Pitfall, was Alex always in the audience area? I don't recall having him walk in from anywhere. I guess it was like LMAD.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.