Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LMAD documentary  (Read 2184 times)

alfonzos

LMAD documentary
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:14:24 PM »
This documentary was made just after Let's Make a Deal's popularity had peaked. It shows was went on behind-the-scenes on the prime time version of the ABC program.

A scene where a winning contestant informs her family doesn't work because the family's reaction is too restrained. Other than that, the documentary is fun to watch. The viewer gets a glimpse of the original pilot and we see Jay Stewart run from the annoucer's booth to the stage to take his place in a zonk.

Worthy of your time if you don't have it and can get it cheaply.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

rugrats1

LMAD documentary
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 08:03:50 PM »
The documentary in question was called "Deal", and, as a matter of fact, you could get it cheaply, at least, awhile back -- in the late-1980s, I saw a copy on sale at a local drugstore for only $9.99 (it was put out by Best Film and Video, one of many el cheapo video companies at the time).

jrjgames

LMAD documentary
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:23 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Nov 3 2004, 08:03 PM\']The documentary in question was called "Deal", and, as a matter of fact, you could get it cheaply, at least, awhile back -- in the late-1980s, I saw a copy on sale at a local drugstore for only $9.99 (it was put out by Best Film and Video, one of many el cheapo video companies at the time).
[snapback]62912[/snapback]
[/quote]

Without digging it out I wanna say Burbank Video

TimK2003

LMAD documentary
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 08:21:14 PM »
For what it's worth, I still have about 2 or 3 SEALED copies of Deal when a local retail chain had them in their bargain bin several years back.  I picked up all that I could find at about 3 or 4 different locations.

Anyone interested in a trade or purchase of a copy, drop me a line, and we'll work something out.

Tim