Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amazing what a little plastic surgery can do  (Read 5984 times)

gameshowguy2000

Amazing what a little plastic surgery can do
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 01:09:58 AM »
I looked at the picture, and it seems to me that she looks like the host of the France version (Laurence Boccolini).

Michael Brandenburg

Amazing what a little plastic surgery can do
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 01:44:31 PM »
(quote lifted from the linked news story):

'You could say she has gone all American on us,' said one insider on her BBC2 show last night.

Interesting: When Anne Robinson was emceeing the U.S. prime-time version of Weakest Link on NBC a couple of years ago, she once commented quite negatively on the intelligence of the contestants on that version verses the U.K. version -- and NBC retaliated by putting her shows on Sunday nights at 8 P.M. Eastern Time, where it frequently ended up with its first 20 minutes or so pre-empted by long-running NBA basketball games the network was carrying at that time!  (No wonder it ended up eventually dropped by NBC -- no one knew exactly what time to tune in, and you only got the last 40 minutes or so of the show if you did.)

Unfortunately, it will be a while before U.S. audiences will be able to see the "new" Anne, if at all -- the Weakest Link episodes with Anne that currently air on the BBC America cable channel are two-year-old reruns from the show's third U.K. season.

Michael Brandenburg
(Even so, we'll find out what my mother and "best woman friend" think of that version of the show this weekend -- I have one on tape for what I have dubbed my "Saturday Night Special" for them this weekend.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 01:45:32 PM by Michael Brandenburg »