Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Halloween Costumes  (Read 7239 times)

Speedy G

Game Show Halloween Costumes
« on: November 09, 2004, 12:56:55 PM »
Having just seen this quality costume, I wonder... how many here have ever seen (or been) various game show things for Halloween?

I almost made it out as a Big Bucks space one year, but couldn't figure out how to keep the three cardboard faces secure and be able to spin the costume around.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 02:41:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 12:56 PM\']I almost made it out as a Big Bucks space one year, but couldn't figure out how to keep the three cardboard faces secure and be able to spin the costume around.
[/quote]
Anyone who has the desire to make a Whammy costume would probably come out pretty well.  It's one of few "costumes" I think people would dress as.

Unless you want to look like an 82 year old man.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 04:00:56 PM »
When I was younger, one year, I put a cardboard box around myself, mounted a circular piece of posterboard vertically to the front, and went as a modified Wheel of Fortune. At each house, the person would spin the wheel to determine how much candy to give to me (0 pieces, 1 piece, 2 pieces, and Your Choice).

We also mounted some battery-operated Christmas lights to the top, just because. It looked cheap, and it was cheap, but people seemed to like the creativity of it.

--
Scott Robinson

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 04:12:21 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 04:00 PM\']When I was younger, one year, I put a cardboard box around myself, mounted a circular piece of posterboard vertically to the front, and went as a modified Wheel of Fortune. At each house, the person would spin the wheel to determine how much candy to give to me (0 pieces, 1 piece, 2 pieces, and Your Choice).
[/quote]

You should have put a Bankrupt spot on. Then they would have had to give you all their candy! :)

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 07:40:52 PM »
I'd love to see anyone try to go as Professor Price ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

vtown7

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 08:28:21 PM »
In the late 80's when I was quite young I went out as a Double Dare contestant... pretty much put all the DD home game pieces on and covered my face with spots of green icing.  Also remember that same time there was something on my t-shirt about 5432Run.  

Want to know the bizarre thing?  I had the DD game before I had actually SEEN an episode of DD.

I'm not sure I should have admitted that :)  Don't mind me, I'm off to Ebay to sell my DD home game...

Ryan :)

(who thinks going as a Whammy is great, much better than going as Anne Robinson)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 08:31:34 PM by vtown7 »

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 06:23:35 PM »
A few years ago, during the run of that kid version of "Wheel," they did a tour of various shopping malls to promote the show with David Cidoni bringing kids up from the audience to participate (no, Cyber Lucy didn't come with him).  When they went through Chicago, it was during Halloween, and a little girl came dressed as the entire mainline "Wheel" set, complete with a Vanna or Barbie-as-Vanna doll next to the puzzle board (the puzzle was HAPPY HALLOWEEN), a wheel, dolls for contestants and Pat and lots of sparkle.  The girl's mother did a helluva job, I must say.  No, the girl didn't get up on stage to play, but Cidoni did see her and point her out.