Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MG revival?  (Read 6297 times)

cmjb13

MG revival?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 07:45:56 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Nov 14 2004, 12:52 AM\']Is Crazy Gideon some kind of relative to the Crazy Eddie we had back east so many years ago?
[snapback]63789[/snapback]
[/quote]
As of 2 or 3 years ago, he had reopened a store near Wayne, NJ. And this was the same Crazy Eddie. He was at www.crazyeddieonline.com
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TimK2003

MG revival?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 13 2004, 11:57 AM\']
a Match Game revival with Judy Tenuta, Emo Phillips, Carrot Top and Pee Wee Herman as regular panelists. That would just be highly disturbing!
It would be highly disturbed. Add Matthew Lesko and L.A.'s Clazy Gideon* to round it out.

[snapback]63741[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now if Fremantle took the old Match Game format, with the aforementioned, ahem, 'celebrities' to Fox and allowed them to rename it "My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show", where contestants would never receive the prizes they won, then maybe Fox would put in a full season order for the show.

JMFabiano

MG revival?
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 12:56:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 14 2004, 10:04 AM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 13 2004, 11:57 AM\']
a Match Game revival with Judy Tenuta, Emo Phillips, Carrot Top and Pee Wee Herman as regular panelists. That would just be highly disturbing!
It would be highly disturbed. Add Matthew Lesko and L.A.'s Clazy Gideon* to round it out.

[snapback]63741[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now if Fremantle took the old Match Game format, with the aforementioned, ahem, 'celebrities' to Fox and allowed them to rename it "My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show", where contestants would never receive the prizes they won, then maybe Fox would put in a full season order for the show.
[snapback]63804[/snapback]
[/quote]

Too true...they'd probably stick their "darling" Paris Hilton in there too.  And people wonder why when they seemingly do something intelligent like bring back Family Guy, I will only say, "I'll believe it when I see them do it right."  (unpleasant images of hearing a loud clank, meaning Seth hit his head against the glass ceiling again)

Edit: And on this version, well remember the syndie MG when Gene would say such things to the losing contestant as, "We'll send you a free nose job, etc?"  Well the Fox version would literally do that.  

Double Edit: Someone at Fremantle's probably taking notes, which is what really scares me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 01:00:19 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

aaron sica

MG revival?
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 03:19:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Nov 14 2004, 10:04 AM\']Now if Fremantle took the old Match Game format, with the aforementioned, ahem, 'celebrities' to Fox and allowed them to rename it "My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show", where contestants would never receive the prizes they won, then maybe Fox would put in a full season order for the show.
[snapback]63804[/snapback]
[/quote]

That actually sounds like quite the neat idea..........Or as per the clip that aired on "Those Wonderful TV Game Shows", they could have prizes that are items that the contestant already owns...:)

Jay Temple

MG revival?
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 11:18:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 12 2004, 11:11 PM\'] Well O.K. maybe one worse thought. That would be a Match Game revival with Judy Tenuta, Emo Phillips, Carrot Top and Pee Wee Herman as regular panelists. That would just be highly disturbing! ;-)

John
[snapback]63730[/snapback]
[/quote]
NOOO!  Make it stop!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Ian Wallis

MG revival?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2004, 09:13:37 AM »
Y'know; I don't agree. I go to school in the morning, and I'll likely be working then too over the vacation. I would rather see more syndicated shows in the early evening or afternoons than a full morning block.

Hey...we all had the same problem...but at least you've got a VCR, which is something nobody had in the '70s.  That's one reason I was so happy to see GSN in '94 - to "catch up" on all the shows I missed the first time around!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

GS Warehouse

MG revival?
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2004, 10:30:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Nov 13 2004, 12:11 AM\']... Pee Wee Herman ...
[snapback]63730[/snapback]
[/quote]
At the risk of getting whooshed, you do realize Paul Reubens retired his Pee-Wee Herman character, right?  If Paul resurrected his Troy whathisname* alter ego from You Don't Know Jack, however...

* I forget what the last name was.  At first I thought it was Troy Edwards, but I think that's a football player.

ObPeeWee: The entire series of Pee-Wee's Playhouse is coming to DVD tomorrow.

ObGS(N): I wouldn't mind if GSN put World Series of Blackjack on DVD.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:02:03 PM by GS Warehouse »

BrandonFG

MG revival?
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2004, 10:36:53 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 10:30 AM\']* I forget what the last name was.  At first I thought it was Troy Edwards, but I think that's a football player.
[/quote]

Stevens. And boy, was he annoying.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

pyl85

MG revival?
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 11:33:01 AM »
Didn't they try that with Pitfall? ;-)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
MG revival?
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2004, 05:09:38 PM »
There's your problem with What the Blank?: WRONG TITLE!

"My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show"

Panel:
Seat #1: Carrot Top
Seat #2: Judy Tenuta (the closest you're going to get to Brett Sommers)
Seat #3: Simon Cowell (the CNR factor)
Seat #4: Paris Hilton
Seat #5: Paul Rubens
Seat #6: Jillian Barberie

Emcee:
Ry-Ry Seacrest

Announcer:
Why Randy West, of course!

It can't miss!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 05:16:27 PM by chris319 »

whewfan

MG revival?
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2004, 05:38:05 PM »
If Judy Tenuta is the closest you'll get to Brett Somers, then you're not trying hard enough!!

As for the announcer, let's not subject poor Randy, whom IMO is not obnoxious... if we want an obnoxious announcer, how about Dee Baker?

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
MG revival?
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2004, 06:41:07 PM »
You know, treading slightly off topic here for a second, I never could get why anyone in the world would use the words "big", "fat" and "obnoxious" in a title of any show, in any genre. It just goes to show of the state of society in which we live in....

Which would even be scarier if said proposal of "My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show" got on the air...

And Matt, I do agree with you, Randy West should not announce this, Randy deserves a DECENT game show, no, a GREAT game show to lend his dulcet tones to :-)

Other than that, I'm staying far, far away from anything that is remotely related to Judy Tenuta for at least the next billion years, and I don't care to say "She is <expletive deleted> annoying!!!!"

curtking

MG revival?
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2004, 06:51:30 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 10:30 AM\']At the risk of getting whooshed, you do realize Paul Reubens retired his Pee-Wee Herman character, right?[/quote]
Venturing further into "whoosh" territory, Reubens is actually working on a new Pee Wee movie:

Ain't It Cool News
In an interview airing at seemingly random times on TVGuide Channel, Paul Reubens is asked about doing a Pee-Wee skit at the recent Groundlings celebration.  He says that Pee-Wee won't be seen again until the new Pee-Wee movie is released,  which he has been in talks for and is getting close.  

Curt

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
MG revival?
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2004, 07:50:19 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 04:51 PM\']Venturing further into "whoosh" territory, Reubens is actually working on a new Pee Wee movie:
[/quote]

"Coming....in a theater near you." :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

MG revival?
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2004, 09:08:46 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 06:41 PM\']You know, treading slightly off topic here for a second, I never could get why anyone in the world would use the words "big", "fat" and "obnoxious" in a title of any show, in any genre. It just goes to show of the state of society in which we live in....
...Which would even be scarier if said proposal of "My Big Fat Obnoxious Game Show" got on the air...
[snapback]63916[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, Fox was going to originally call it "My Big Ass Obnoxious Game Show", but then the network realized that Bobcat Goldthwait and Stone-Stanley would have to be involved that would be overkill!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 09:10:22 PM by TimK2003 »