Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rod Roddy's Warm-Up  (Read 2205 times)

SamPrainito

Rod Roddy's Warm-Up
« on: November 13, 2004, 07:15:18 AM »
There's a thread over at golden-road.net about Rod's warm-up, and one poster mentioned that the big band song that played right before Rod came on stage was "Take The 'A' Train" by Rob McConnell and the Boss Brass.

I've searched all over (Yahoo, Amazon, BearShare, etc.) and I can't seem to find it.  I have to assume the poster had the wrong artist.  I can't be sure because I don't know jazz!

If someone could set me straight on this, or better yet, post a link to the song, I'd really appreciate it!

-Sam
tvboy79@aol.com

mmb5

Rod Roddy's Warm-Up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 08:13:07 AM »
It's on Again! Vol. 1, a 1977 release on Pausa/Canadian Umbrella.  It is very out of print and never released on CD.  Source: The great folks at www.allmusic.com.  I hear their Technology Development Director is a real great guy.

--Mike
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 08:13:25 AM by mmb5 »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

tvrandywest

Rod Roddy's Warm-Up
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 12:36:59 PM »
Indeed, there are a couple of audio remnants from the vinyl on the tape used at 33. The song is followed immediately by a production piece of tymp roll and Vegas-style play-on.

There was both a short and a long version at CBS 33... It was the long version you most likely heard if you visited. I never heard the short one used.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

SamPrainito

Rod Roddy's Warm-Up
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 07:33:03 AM »
Thanks for the info!

I don't suppose there is a kind soul on this forum that has a copy of the song on vinyl they'd be willing to convert to MP3 and share?

PLEASE?!?!