Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: German Gameshows  (Read 4922 times)

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« on: November 15, 2004, 03:02:09 AM »
If you want to have a look on German Gameshows, please visit my site www.gameshow-kult.de . It's in German, but you can see many pics and fun stuff of more than 140 shows in the archive.  (for example the German Version of "The price is right" or "Let's Make a Deal" ).  And there is a archive-special ("Ausland") with italian, french and netherlands shows.

Brig Bother

German Gameshows
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:18:09 AM »
That's brilliant!

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
German Gameshows
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 12:39:32 PM »
SWEET!!!
--Matt

bricon

German Gameshows
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 01:12:04 PM »
Google can translate a webpage passably.  Go here and scroll down to "translate a web page".  Enter the URL, and select "German to English", and you're in business.

Though, I am a bit amused over the translation of the title "Ruck Zuck"...I don't know if I would have watched a show called "Bruce Forsyth's Jerk Twitch"...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 01:13:58 PM by bricon »

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 04:46:44 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Nov 15 2004, 01:12 PM\']Google can translate a webpage passably.  Go here and scroll down to "translate a web page".  Enter the URL, and select "German to English", and you're in business.

Though, I am a bit amused over the translation of the title "Ruck Zuck"...I don't know if I would have watched a show called "Bruce Forsyth's Jerk Twitch"...
[snapback]63886[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Ruck Zuck" is a german expression which means "quick", "hurry"   or "fast"  :-)  

greets from germany !
ingo
(webmaster www.gameshow-kult.de )

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 04:02:32 AM »
Has anyone pics auf american gameshows?  If someone has pics and a short english description of a show, you can send it to me - if you want to publish it on my site www.gameshow-kult.de("Show-Archiv > Ausland ") . German gameshow-fan would be very interested in shows from the USA. Many thanks !

Please contact  gameshowkult@aol.com

(sorry, if there are mistakes in my posts... my english isn't perfect...)

KrisW73

German Gameshows
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »
Did anyone happen to notice the German version of TTD '90?  The Dragon and Slayer look downright....Legoish?

Its a great site also to compare the American counterparts
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 03:00:22 PM by KrisW73 »

ITSBRY

German Gameshows
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
This is a great site!!!  Thanks for posting a link.  I think it's awesome that folks from around the world have found our little gathering place! :-)

The German "Pyramid" looks strange...no winner's circle??

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 01:48:17 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Nov 16 2004, 12:43 PM\']

The German "Pyramid" looks strange...no winner's circle??

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com
[snapback]63979[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, there was no winner circle in the show "Die Pyramide" -  there was also no winner circle in the french version "Pyramide".

In the newer german version of Pyramide called  "Hast du Worte"  (you have words?) there was a winner circle ! I'll add the pictures on  the next update .

Every Saturday there will be new shows in the archive of www.gameshow-kult.de . Look at the home-page.   From 1st to 24th Decembre there will be daily new suprises on the site (for example video samples of shows) !

Ingo (Webmaster -  www.gameshow-kult.de)

ITSBRY

German Gameshows
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 12:22:04 AM »
[quote name=\'GameshowKult\' date=\'Nov 16 2004, 01:48 PM\']
No, there was no winner circle in the show "Die Pyramide" -  there was also no winner circle in the french version "Pyramide".

In the newer german version of Pyramide called  "Hast du Worte"  (you have words?) there was a winner circle ! I'll add the pictures on  the next update .
[snapback]63983[/snapback]
[/quote]

So, was the endgame not played at all or was there just no "physical" winner's circle?

I can't imagine Pyramid being fun to watch without a WC round.  Hell, it was barely watchable with Sony's screwed up "brief the celebs and change camera angles every microsecond" approach.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 03:44:52 AM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Nov 17 2004, 12:22 AM\'][quote name=\'GameshowKult\' date=\'Nov 16 2004, 01:48 PM\']

[/quote]

So, was the endgame not played at all or was there just no "physical" winner's circle?

[snapback]64076[/snapback]
[/quote]

There was just no "pysical" winner circle in the first version ("Die Pyramide" - weekly (wöchentlich)).  In the german version the stage was mobile - so the winners moved automatically to the central position (in front of the "pyramide") and could stay at their chairs.

In the french version there was a desk in front of the pyramid.

In the newer german daily version "hast du Worte" there was a winner circle like in the US-Version.

Ingo (Webmaster - www.gameshow-kult.de)

GameshowKult

German Gameshows
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 06:55:30 AM »
new pics from the latest german version of "pyramide" here:
Pyramide- german version    

Perhaps, you have to refresh the site to see the new pics .

Ingo
www.gameshow-kult.de

mmb5

German Gameshows
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 01:43:25 PM »
Not sure on the German version, but the French version's winner circle was played, but it wasn't a carbon copy.  You didn't have to give only lists, plus the giver could indicate how on or off topic the receiver was.  It also had the most high-concept clocks in game show history with water filling a pyramid.

Main game in the French version however was drastically different:

First round was sort of like Password with betting, the giver would bet a certain amount of words needed for the receiver to get the clue.  The giver had a total of 12 clues to bid for the five words.  Getting all of the words below bid involved a bonus.  After the five words, the received words then formed a puzzle à la Body Language.

Second round was pretty much straight Password.  Since this show has been on so long, it is suffering from the problems later Passwords and Pyramids had, the clue givers are too good.  One of the words that had to be guessed on an episode I saw was parallelepiped (a three dimensional parallelogram).

Because of the length of the games, there was only one winner's circle/nook/station/whatever.  Also, the show tended to have the same celebrities for months at a time.

I once had a best of retrospective of Pyramide, but I lost it.  Damn.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

ChuckNet

German Gameshows
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 09:06:14 PM »
Not sure on the German version, but the French version's winner circle was played, but it wasn't a carbon copy. You didn't have to give only lists, plus the giver could indicate how on or off topic the receiver was.

Sounds similar to how it was played on the British version...first time I saw the WC on my sole UK ep, I thought to myself "WTF??".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

dougal18

German Gameshows
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 07:30:52 AM »
The French WC (La grande pyramide) is 6 phrases (e.g je suis anglais) in 60 seconds.  The member of the public always gave the clues.

And Pyramid is coming back to the UK.   According to the contestant call it appears that no celebrities will be involved as they were looking for couples to play the game.  The show is going to be on the BBC.