Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows...  (Read 6762 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Shows...
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2004, 10:55:51 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Nov 21 2004, 07:22 PM\']I have both Aspeger's Syndrome, and ADHD.
[snapback]64501[/snapback]
[/quote]
Congratulations. You'd be respected more if you didn't use either as an excuse for your inane posts.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ClockGameJohn

Game Shows...
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2004, 07:50:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Nov 9 2004, 12:40 AM\']As a person with ADD who has written a rather comprehensive FAQ about The Price is Right, I'd have to say that Adam's assessment of the genre isn't very accurate.
[snapback]63366[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.  Chalk me up as another one of our ADD/ADHD babies.

In regards to flashing lights/patterns, I'm not sure about that.  I was fascinated with PYL in the afternoons following school.  I'm not sure that simply flashing lights were what excited me (we aren't just apes staring like deer in the headlights), but rather after a frustrating day of school, it was "comfort food."  

[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 8 2004, 09:36 PM\']Well, I think someone with ADD would probably enjoy TPiR. If you don't like what they're doing, stick around a few minutes, and it'll change...
[snapback]63347[/snapback]
[/quote]

TPiR has always excited me.  There are many different vague patterns involved with TPiR that you have to really watch to find.  That was one thing that lured me back many days.  It does change, but it's not like I was waiting for something to change.  I really couldn't tell you what the fascination is.  It's just damn fun, I guess.  

I hate math.  I can't do math.  I hate numbers.  When it comes to TPiR, I can get completely involved in the numbers aspect, different statistics, and involve math and numerics into everything.

One thing I've found is that my mind just seems to refuse to work on a project I have no interest in.  If I have the interest, I can completely involve myself in it.  So the question is, what attracts us to get the interest?!  And I honestly have no idea.

[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Nov 8 2004, 09:22 PM\']I think that a person who has ADD isn't really gonna want to sit down for a half hour or an hour to watch a game show. I think they would want something faster paced, with more action.
[snapback]63345[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you think The Price is Right needs more faster paced action, I don't know what channel you're watching.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 07:53:34 AM by ClockGameJohn »