Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Beverly interview with Tom Kennedy  (Read 17580 times)

Robair

Steve Beverly interview with Tom Kennedy
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2003, 12:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 08:27 AM\'] Actualy, I just visited the page, and the YDS '75 images are gone.   No mention of anything, just some YDS '63 images in their place [/quote]
 First off, Steve e-mails Adam and says he'll keep the YDS pics and give credit to him. Then he pulls the pictures off the site entirely.

Say one thing and do another. Very nice work, Perfesser.

Can we get back to this thing about challenging Beverly? I was the Squares Guy on the Game Show Times and I also contributed to it with pictures and stories. We had a very good thing going there for what I felt was too short a time and I would love to be part of another such effort. We need to read a nice page about Game Shows without needing to know what \"The Bachelorette\" is up to. Quite simply put, it's time again. We could even build it around the Invision board here if possible.
--Robair

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2003, 12:45:14 PM »
I like that idea, Robair! We could all contribute and work on it.

Who do we see about getting that off the ground?

dscungio

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2003, 01:04:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:45 AM\']I like that idea, Robair! We could all contribute and work on it.

Who do we see about getting that off the ground?[/quote]
Maybe we could revive the attempted Game Show Times page.  I think it was Mike Klauss who ran it.  I was one of the people who helped contribute to it by sending in recaps, but apparently no one else did.  Frankly, it was \"still-born.\"

Or maybe we can help Game Show NewsNet.  I think there's only five people on the staff.  The site doesn't get updated too often.

Dean Scungio
dscungio@worldnet.att.net (dscungio@worldnet.att.net)
AIM & Y!: dascungio (Note the \"a\"!)

\"It's not how much we give away,
it's the way we do it.\" -Monty Hall

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2003, 02:24:51 PM »
[quote name=\'dscungio\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 12:04 PM\'] Maybe we could revive the attempted Game Show Times page.  I think it was Mike Klauss who ran it.  I was one of the people who helped contribute to it by sending in recaps, but apparently no one else did.  Frankly, it was "still-born."

Or maybe we can help Game Show NewsNet.  I think there's only five people on the staff.  The site doesn't get updated too often. [/quote]
You guys must've liked the GST since we're talking about it 15 months after its ~6-week life.

gameshowtimes.com should be available; I only purchased it for one year.  I'll be too busy with a full class load and hopefully a job starting in 5 weeks.  Hence, there's no way I can run it.  I wouldn't mind contributing to it or GSSN, which I've done on occasion.  If you guys want to pursue this, I'm all for it.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2003, 02:30:34 AM »
The Good Professor should know that his (and Adam's) use of YDS! pictures, no matter the source, are covered under the Fair Use Doctrine. If he doesn't know about the Fair Use Doctrine I would have to call his qualifications as a journalism professor into question.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2003, 11:19:28 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:30 PM\'] I would have to call his qualifications as a journalism professor into question. [/quote]
 Hell, I do that on pretty much a daily basis anyhow. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2003, 01:26:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 06:18 PM\'] And we're back around to "let's challenge the professor" again.  It's amazing how many times we run ourselves around into the same circles.

[/quote]
 All we really need is a board with the 30 or so threads that keep repeating, and anytime someone wants to discuss a GS, they just look until they find someone who already had that opinion...

SplitSecond

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2003, 02:16:10 PM »
Well, we are a group largely devoted to reruns.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2003, 07:21:26 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 23 2003, 01:16 PM\'] Well, we are a group largely devoted to reruns. [/quote]
 Speak of yourself.  I have no interest whatsoever in Frederick Stubbs.

[ducking]

Robair

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2003, 08:29:32 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 23 2003, 06:21 PM\'] Speak of yourself.  I have no interest whatsoever in Frederick Stubbs.

[ducking] [/quote]
 As Colin Quinn used to say,

RAJ!
--Robair

AH3RD

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2003, 02:49:36 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 02:34 PM\']Steve Beverly is Ken Van Hoosier!!
 [/quote]
Let it go, guys.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 02:50:22 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2003, 03:02:04 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 03:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 02:34 PM\']Steve Beverly is Ken Van Hoosier!!
 [/quote]
Let it go, guys. [/quote]
 Seeing as how the last response on this thread was four MONTHS ago and that the specific line you quoted was the fifth out of 54 responses, about the worst possible thing you could possibly do if you actually wanted us to "let it go" would be to bump this up to the top again with a four-word message.  Way to go!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2003, 06:42:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 12:20 PM\'] [snip]

Now I know there are a lot of Steve supporters who might defend him when members of this board criticize his writing, but even the Beverly backers have to agree that taking somebody else's work and using it on your site, without giving proper credit, and more importantly, without asking that person, is pretty damn inexcusable...

ESPECIALLY when you're a former broadcast journalist who currently teachers journalism to the next generation. [/quote]
 The Perfessor should know this, but taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own is called PLAGIARISM in academic circles, including the one where he works.  

From someone who does REAL academic research (not to mention my OWN work and fully crediitng those I do cite) to someone who ought to know better, "Perfessor" Steve Beverly, you get an "F" for the semester in my gradebook for this.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2003, 08:53:43 PM »
Sorry, grades for the Summer Semester were turned in in July.   (TPiR losing horns play)

DrJWJustice

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2003, 10:25:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 08:53 PM\'] Sorry, grades for the Summer Semester were turned in in July.   (TPiR losing horns play) [/quote]
  (NBC Nasty Buzzer plays) Wrong answer.  The Perfesser turned in this essay in the fall semester.  You can join the rest of us in the month of November whenever you're ready.  Turkey Day is just around the corner, in case you come out of hibernation between now and then.