Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The long-running "Lucky Pair"  (Read 4192 times)

Jimmy Owen

The long-running "Lucky Pair"
« on: November 26, 2004, 01:11:46 PM »
As many of you know, one of my hobbies is collecting old issues of TV Guide.  I made a purchase via ebay of old issues recently and I have two from the LA area.  One dated 9/13-19/69 and the other 1/16-22/71.  The suprising thing to me was that Richard Dawson's "Lucky Pair" on KNXT was listed in both issues.  In 69 it was on weekdays at 3:30pm and by 71 was airing at Noon. Channel 2's only game show and from what I have read elsewhere, the show was a Bob Barker production.  How long did this show last, anyway?  From the listings, the show used two celebs.  Anybody ever see this show?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

The long-running "Lucky Pair"
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 07:45:57 PM »
As many of you know, one of my hobbies is collecting old issues of TV Guide. I made a purchase via ebay of old issues recently and I have two from the LA area. One dated 9/13-19/69 and the other 1/16-22/71. The suprising thing to me was that Richard Dawson's "Lucky Pair" on KNXT was listed in both issues. In 69 it was on weekdays at 3:30pm and by 71 was airing at Noon. Channel 2's only game show and from what I have read elsewhere, the show was a Bob Barker production. How long did this show last, anyway? From the listings, the show used two celebs. Anybody ever see this show?

It aired from 1968-70, and for more info, check out this vintage ATGS post from none other than LP's original host, Geoff Edwards:

More on Lucky Pair

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")