Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not Going Anywhere  (Read 5363 times)

The Pyramids

Not Going Anywhere
« on: November 27, 2004, 02:41:42 PM »
On Thanksgiving morning I saw the great news that GSN renewed their deal w/ Freemantle media for the classics. Its nice to know that old reruns of 'Match Game', 'Family Feud', and more will still be around.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 04:07:45 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 12:41 PM\']On Thanksgiving morning I saw the great news that GSN renewed their deal w/ Fremantle media for the classics. Its nice to know that old reruns of 'Match Game', 'Family Feud', and more will still be around.
[snapback]65053[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is this for all Fremantle game shows, only the G-T library, select G-T shows, or select shows from various packagers?

The Pyramids

Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 07:01:05 PM »
My impression is that its the G/T library as before, just no 'Price Is Right.' No word on either of the hour Nineties 'Family Feuds' as well.

Now it does not mean that we will see a lot of variety. Its just good that they still have a home in a 150-channel universe.

zachhoran

Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 07:27:14 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 04:07 PM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 12:41 PM\']On Thanksgiving morning I saw the great news that GSN renewed their deal w/ Fremantle media for the classics. Its nice to know that old reruns of 'Match Game', 'Family Feud', and more will still be around.
[snapback]65053[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is this for all Fremantle game shows, only the G-T library, select G-T shows, or select shows from various packagers?
[snapback]65060[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Perfessor, from whom Paul presumably found out about this, did not specify in his story on it. I have to wonder if it might be for only the shows they actually bother to run at this point, given how many of those GT shows they have no intention to run.

The Pyramids

Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 08:51:14 PM »
My source is the professor.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 09:28:07 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Nov 27 2004, 08:51 PM\']My source is the professor.
[snapback]65090[/snapback]
[/quote]
And a great source that is too!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

Not Going Anywhere
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »
Once again, it's per the Perfesser, so all grains of salt need to be taken, but it seems to be the blanket G-T library from start to 1995, with the same exceptions.

I'm not that surprised--Fremantle knows there's no place else in the market to take it to, they probably aren't charging that much more than if it was just "Feud" and "MG," and it helps to keep the relationship with GSN on a positive note when they have stuff they want to pitch to them (including the repeats of the current "Feud," once the Pax contract runs out or Pax runs out, whichever comes first).

I could imagine them also pitching "Idol" reruns or repackages to GSN (or something like the supplemental shows they air in the UK on ITV2 with the main "Pop Idol" on ITV1), if Fox doesn't try to pin them into its proposed reality channel--or Simon Fuller doesn't take the show away from Fremantle.