Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lower than a deuce...it's a Sports Guy!  (Read 2738 times)

GS Warehouse

Lower than a deuce...it's a Sports Guy!
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:41:03 PM »
Let's take a break from the KenJen wrap parties and the nude pix of a recent b-day person (not Dick Clark).  

Is ESPN.com columnist and former Jimmy Kimmel Live* writer Bill Simmons starting to become the next Scott Sternberg?  I remember one of us chewed him out fairly recently for an unflattering game show comment.  Well, Bill struck again with an article about the stuff he watched recently, but compared Donald Trump's personality with Jim Perry's on Card Sharks.  I don't think there's a comparison, Bill.  There are worse hosts than Jim (*cough*patbullard*cough*).  In fact, The Donald's voiceovers from last season's Apprentice finale on sounded so stiff to me.

Bill, you're fired.

* ObGS: Jimmy Kimmel won an Emmy for WBSM.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:08:07 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 30 2004, 11:41 PM\']Let's take a break from the KenJen wrap parties and the nude pix of a recent b-day person (not Dick Clark).
[snapback]65557[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can assure you that I haven't been looking at any naked photos of Rich Fields.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 12:18:23 AM »
I'll keep my comments to myself about him, I don't even want to know what was the first column about anyway?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 12:20:29 AM by Strikerz04 »

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:20:28 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 30 2004, 11:41 PM\']Let's take a break from the KenJen wrap parties and the nude pix of a recent b-day person (not Dick Clark). 

Is ESPN.com columnist and former Jimmy Kimmel Live* writer Bill Simmons starting to become the next Scott Sternberg?  I remember one of us chewed him out fairly recently for an unflattering game show comment.  Well, Bill struck again with an article about the stuff he watched recently, but compared Donald Trump's personality with Jim Perry's on Card Sharks.  I don't think there's a comparison, Bill.  There are worse hosts than Jim (*cough*patbullard*cough*).  In fact, The Donald's voiceovers from last season's Apprentice finale on sounded so stiff to me.
[snapback]65557[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention his on-camera performance for the post mortem on the finale.  On the other hand, it could've been worse--the network could've forced Burnett to get Billy Bush.

Nancy O'Dell might've beeen just as bad--but some of us wouldn't have noticed, if you get my drift.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 12:11:20 AM »
CS would've lasted longer w/a "better host?" Definition (14 yrs) and $otC (6), anyone?

Chuck Donegan (The Puzzled "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 02:02:56 PM »
The only show I wouldn't mind seeing the Donald host would be "Trump Card."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.