Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VCR Alert-Idiot Savants...  (Read 5721 times)

gsfan85

VCR Alert-Idiot Savants...
« on: July 22, 2003, 01:10:03 AM »
Hi everyone,

I did see a post over at the Show Summaries section about the Battle of the Network Stars which is airing from 7-9Pm all this week on TRIO.  

If interested, here is the schedule:
Monday-1977
Tuesday-1978
Wednesday-1979
Thursday-1980
Friday-1976

These repeat each night this week from 11-1AM as well, and on Sunday, there will be a marathon of all 5 from 9:00AM-5:00Pm and 5:00Pm-1:00AM

Also, one episode of \"Idiot Savants\" (Thursday show of premiere week) will be airing.  It aired once tonight at 9Pm, and will be airing again on Saturday at 10:30AM, 4:30Pm and 8Pm.

Too bad the network isn't airing more of Idiot Savants.  I'd expect them to air all 5 with Joel Stein, the reason why they are airing all this stuff.

rigsby

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 12:54:08 PM »
I'd expect them to air all 5 with Joel Stein, the reason why they are airing all this stuff.

Yes, but he lost the other four...

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 07:46:50 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:54 AM\']
I'd expect them to air all 5 with Joel Stein, the reason why they are airing all this stuff.

Yes, but he lost the other four... [/quote]
 ... And?  So what?

Brandon Brooks

SplitSecond

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 08:40:35 PM »
Well, the idea is that the person gets to program that portion of the lineup for one week.  In one of the interstitials leading up to the \"Idiot Savants\" airing (what a bland show in hindsight, BTW), Stein said as much: \"Since I lost on four of the days I was there, I figure I might as well show you the one where I won.\"  Or words to that effect.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 09:22:46 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 07:40 PM\'] Well, the idea is that the person gets to program that portion of the lineup for one week.  In one of the interstitials leading up to the \"Idiot Savants\" airing (what a bland show in hindsight, BTW), Stein said as much: \"Since I lost on four of the days I was there, I figure I might as well show you the one where I won.\"  Or words to that effect. [/quote]
I know.  I'm watching it, and I agree to a degree with the blandness.  I just didn't know what the poster's point was.

So what he lost four; he was on the whole five days.  That's why they are being aired, not because of who won.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 09:24:20 PM by Brandon Brooks »

SplitSecond

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 09:46:23 PM »
So what he lost four; he was on the whole five days. That's why they are being aired, not because of who won.

From TrioTV.com: \"We feature an episode from the first week, when college-age Joel Stein was a guest.\"

I'll take the singular to mean that only one episode is being aired, and it's the one where Joel won.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 09:54:26 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 08:46 PM\']
So what he lost four; he was on the whole five days. That's why they are being aired, not because of who won.

From TrioTV.com: \"We feature an episode from the first week, when college-age Joel Stein was a guest.\"

I'll take the singular to mean that only one episode is being aired, and it's the one where Joel won. [/quote]
And right you are... I put my foot in my mouth once again.  Sorry, rigsby.

On a game show related note, Bill Daily of occasional is now on My Mother the Car with Jerry Van Dyke.  What a horrible show.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 10:00:30 PM by Brandon Brooks »

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 11:20:29 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 07:40 PM\']In one of the interstitials leading up to the \"Idiot Savants\" airing (what a bland show in hindsight, BTW)...[/quote]
IMHO, \"Idiot Savants\" is quite possibly the best show ever to air on MTV — which just goes to show how lousy MTV really is.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 12:13:15 AM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 10:20 PM\'] IMHO, "Idiot Savants" is quite possibly the best show ever to air on MTV — which just goes to show how lousy MTV really is. [/quote]
 IMO, that honor goes to Remote Control.

Brandon Brooks

Timsterino

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 12:52:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 11:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Jul 22 2003, 10:20 PM\'] IMHO, "Idiot Savants" is quite possibly the best show ever to air on MTV — which just goes to show how lousy MTV really is. [/quote]
IMO, that honor goes to Remote Control.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I agree, Brandon. I loved \"Remote Control\".

Tim :-)

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2003, 01:06:21 AM »
Ehhh... Remote Control might be better.  I'm really not too sure though, as I was really young when it was on, so I only have very vague memories of that show.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 11:46:59 AM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Jul 23 2003, 12:06 AM\'] Ehhh... Remote Control might be better.  I'm really not too sure though, as I was really young when it was on, so I only have very vague memories of that show. [/quote]
 Let me guess...they all involve Kari. :-)

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 01:51:50 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 23 2003, 10:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Jul 23 2003, 12:06 AM\'] Ehhh... Remote Control might be better.  I'm really not too sure though, as I was really young when it was on, so I only have very vague memories of that show. [/quote]
Let me guess...they all involve Kari. :-) [/quote]
 Nah, they all involve the Wheel of Jeopardy.