Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Burned Bridges  (Read 6602 times)

dmota104

Burned Bridges
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 09:38:44 AM »
Imdb.com does say Gary Dawson was executive producer, but I remember hearing Howard's voice for some judgement decisions.

Indeed, Gary's the son of Richard.  You might have seen him when both of Richard's sons and daughter-in-law (an original FF staffer/producer) threw him a birthday surprise in one episode of the ABC days (since rerun a few times on GSN...particularly in FF marathons).

Sidebar note: So much time was spent celebrating, that didn't leave much time for a game. So, they only played 2 (maybe 3?) questions and both families got to play Fast Money (one team scored $5000, the other won about 900 and change, IIRC) and the right for a "rematch" on the next show.

Gary's also pictured with Richard at the "buzzer table" for faceoffs on the FF94 set in a People magazine article; the story was published not long after Richard replaced Ray.

As for Howard, I think he had little to do (maybe none at all) with FF94.  Every time I heard, "Richard we need a more specific answer" or something to that effect that season, it came from Gary.  (That's right, Gary professionally had to identify "Richard" on a first-name basis.)

BrandonFG

Burned Bridges
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 10:08:38 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 5 2004, 10:31 PM\']Was Ray having "issues" at the time Jonathan hired Dawson for his second go-round?
[snapback]66179[/snapback]
[/quote]

Let me ask my gardener, and I'll get right back to you.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Burned Bridges
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 11:41:57 AM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 07:38 AM\'](That's right, Gary professionally had to identify "Richard" on a first-name basis.)
[snapback]66215[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, what the hell ELSE is he gonna call him?

"Dad, we need a more specific answer."

Yeah, THAT wouldn't look bush league or anything.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Burned Bridges
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 12:11:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 07:38 AM\'](That's right, Gary professionally had to identify "Richard" on a first-name basis.)
[snapback]66215[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, what the hell ELSE is he gonna call him?
[snapback]66228[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bubba.

aaron sica

Burned Bridges
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 01:26:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 11:41 AM\']Well, what the hell ELSE is he gonna call him?
[/quote]

Dickie. :)

wheelloon

Burned Bridges
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 01:42:07 PM »
I think dropping Ray was a little bit of both... he was starting to decline mentally and in popularity... plus, his talk show wasn't doing too well either...

Richard can't be dissed for being a bad host (cuz he definitely wasn't) but he and Howard both had issues with their egos... u can't blame just one of them.

I wish that Feud could have more of a monologue at its beginning, Ray tried to do that a few times every now and then during his run, and they were usually hilarious!!!!
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

whewfan

Burned Bridges
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 03:18:24 PM »
Richard did comment on the TV Guide article briefly on one ep. of Feud. He said that he declined to be interviewed (he didn't say specifically why) and felt the attack against him in the article was unfair, and he felt that the reason for the attack was because he declined the interview.

zachhoran

Burned Bridges
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 06:53:35 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 01:42 PM\']I think dropping Ray was a little bit of both... he was starting to decline mentally and in popularity... plus, his talk show wasn't doing too well either...

[snapback]66240[/snapback]
[/quote]

What talk show did Ray host? I don't remember him doing one.

cmjb13

Burned Bridges
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2004, 07:08:37 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 06:53 PM\'][quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 01:42 PM\']I think dropping Ray was a little bit of both... he was starting to decline mentally and in popularity... plus, his talk show wasn't doing too well either...

[snapback]66240[/snapback]
[/quote]

What talk show did Ray host? I don't remember him doing one.
[snapback]66268[/snapback]
[/quote]
Seemed like a cable access show.

IIRC, it was called "The Ray Combs Show"

Clips of it were on E!THS Feud or Combs (maybe both)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ChuckNet

Burned Bridges
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2004, 09:08:31 PM »
Oh, poor baby, hold on while I get out my oars and paddle down the Crimiafugging River.

I think I canoed there w/my dad on a trip to the Poconos 5 yrs ago... :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Don Howard

Burned Bridges
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 05:02:47 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 6 2004, 07:08 PM\']Seemed like a cable access show.
IIRC, it was called "The Ray Combs Show"
Clips of it were on E!THS Feud or Combs (maybe both)
[snapback]66271[/snapback]
[/quote]
You mean that wasn't just a pilot? Ewwww. "Thank you for that ovation. I'm Ray Combs. Welcome to The Ray Combs Show". Looked like Ray had dipped into the Conversation With Fred Lewis ego juice.