Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My game show concept  (Read 6827 times)

wheelloon

My game show concept
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2004, 07:02:51 PM »
[Simon]You call that criticism? I don't mean to be rude, but you can go to any forum in America and hear that. That was simply dreadful.[/Simon]

I won't be posting any more ideas of mine on here. There's always someone who's gonna hate it, apparently this forum has plenty of those kinda people...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Monarx

My game show concept
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2004, 07:05:52 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:02 PM\']I won't be posting any more ideas of mine on here. There's always someone who's gonna hate it, apparently this forum has plenty of those kinda people...
[snapback]66898[/snapback]
[/quote]
There's always some people who hate everything.  Some people here hate Wheel of Fortune.  Nothing can be loved by everyone.

ObGS: I'd like to try out for Wheel.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 07:06:23 PM by Monarx »
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

wheelloon

My game show concept
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2004, 07:13:28 PM »
There's always some people who hate everything. Some people here hate Wheel of Fortune. Nothing can be loved by everyone.

ObGS: I'd like to try out for Wheel.

I agree with you 100%. BTW, me too for Wheel!

itiparanoid13

My game show concept
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 07:20:10 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:02 PM\']
[Simon]You call that criticism? I don't mean to be rude, but you can go to any forum in America and hear that. That was simply dreadful.[/Simon]

I won't be posting any more ideas of mine on here. There's always someone who's gonna hate it, apparently this forum has plenty of those kinda people...
[/quote]

The reason people hate it is because it is not a good idea.  No one is personally badmouthing you or anything, it was just a lousy idea.  Everyone, or at least most people, have been told they have had a lousy idea.  Just get over it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My game show concept
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 08:03:04 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 05:02 PM\']I won't be posting any more ideas of mine on here. There's always someone who's gonna hate it, apparently this forum has plenty of those kinda people...
[/quote]
So, in other words, you weren't posting your ideas because you wanted honest feedback about them, you wanted everyone to tell you how great they thought they were, even though they had more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese.

Save the martyr act. It doesn't work that way.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrJWJustice

My game show concept
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 08:20:51 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:02 PM\']

[/quote]

So it's OK for you to say you don't like someone else's idea, but we're not allowed to dislike yours, eh?  My BS alarm is going off full throtle right now.

Jimmy Owen

My game show concept
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 09:18:21 PM »
In the general area of creating game shows, over the past half-century of television, is there anything new under the sun?  All the really good concepts have been tried and anything new would be a variation of something that happened before.  That doesn't mean the show would have no chance of getting on the air, though. Merv probably didn't worry about a lawsuit from the makers of "Down You Go," when he sold WOF and Chuck Barris didn't consult Ted Mack or Major Bowes when he came up with "The Gong Show."  I always wondered how Goodson felt about the Nick show "Double Dare," which stole the title from one old G-T show and the concept from BTC/CUS.  And what about all those word definition shows?  I'm never going to be a game show producer, but I enjoy the thought process involved in creating a game show concept.  If I put up a concept I'm not fishing for compliments, but I find my perceived brilliance of my idea blinds me to it's flaws and any insight good or bad here is welcomed, to help make it a better concept.  If you do want to become a real game show producer and you are serious about creating a show, it's probably a good idea not to post it here, because if someone beats you to air, it would be unclear whether it was a case of two minds with the same thought or one guy "borrowing" an idea from another.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Johnissoevil

My game show concept
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 10:30:35 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:20 PM\']The reason people hate it is because it is not a good idea.  No one is personally badmouthing you or anything, it was just a lousy idea.  Everyone, or at least most people, have been told they have had a lousy idea.  Just get over it.
[snapback]66905[/snapback]
[/quote]

So it's safe to assume that you won't come after me when I tell you how annoyed I get playing Super Jackpot and I'm on "Handle Lock?"  :-P

ObGameShows:  At the West household, Randy is cooking breakfast.  When it's ready, he's yelling up to his wife and kids "COME ON DOWN!" as if he were still announcing on TPIR. :-P
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

itiparanoid13

My game show concept
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 10:35:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 10:30 PM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:20 PM\']The reason people hate it is because it is not a good idea.  No one is personally badmouthing you or anything, it was just a lousy idea.  Everyone, or at least most people, have been told they have had a lousy idea.  Just get over it.
[snapback]66905[/snapback]
[/quote]

So it's safe to assume that you won't come after me when I tell you how annoyed I get playing Super Jackpot and I'm on "Handle Lock?"  :-P

ObGameShows:  At the West household, Randy is cooking breakfast.  When it's ready, he's yelling up to his wife and kids "COME ON DOWN!" as if he were still announcing on TPIR. :-P
[snapback]66922[/snapback]
[/quote]

Counting that probably 3 or 4 people here know what that is, I probably won't.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
My game show concept
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2004, 11:11:20 AM »
1. If you think posting your game show concept here in a public venue is a good idea, you shouldn't be in the game show business.

2. If you don't have the emotional maturity to detach yourself from your concept, you shouldn't be in the game show business.

3. If you can't take criticism of your idea, even if it's harsh, you shouldn't be in the game show business.

If you fail tests 2 and 3 above and your show somehow makes it to air, don't say we didn't warn you about the nervous breakdown you'll have when your show is ultimately cancelled ;-)

wheelloon

My game show concept
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2004, 12:33:03 PM »
So it's OK for you to say you don't like someone else's idea, but we're not allowed to dislike yours, eh? My BS alarm is going off full throtle right now.

So, in other words, you weren't posting your ideas because you wanted honest feedback about them, you wanted everyone to tell you how great they thought they were, even though they had more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese.

First off... let me begin by saying that there is such a thing as constructive criticism, and just plain harsh criticism... Anybody that wants others opinions should expect criticism... but it SHOULD BE constructive, not harsh... some of the people here have posted more harsh criticism than CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... which is not right.

And BTW, u can hate my idea to death if u want... but if ur gonna tell me u don't like it, instead of telling me how stupid it is, how it should get some kinda scarecrow award or some other S*** like that... give me an idea of how to improve it so U COULD LIKE IT MORE!

Plus, I've already decided that if someone else posts an idea for something... I won't be harsh to them... I'd probably just stay from that topic... Or I'd give them an idea on how to IMPROVE a concept.

BTW just for the heck of it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
My game show concept
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2004, 12:52:09 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 11:33 AM\']First off... let me begin by saying that there is such a thing as constructive criticism, and just plain harsh criticism... Anybody that wants others opinions should expect criticism... but it SHOULD BE constructive, not harsh... some of the people here have posted more harsh criticism than CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... which is not right.

And BTW, u can hate my idea to death if u want... but if ur gonna tell me u don't like it, instead of telling me how stupid it is, how it should get some kinda scarecrow award or some other S*** like that... give me an idea of how to improve it so U COULD LIKE IT MORE!
[snapback]66949[/snapback]
[/quote]
One bit of constructive criticism.  U don't get as much credibilty by not spelling out the word "you."

Carry on.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

My game show concept
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2004, 01:00:19 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 12:33 PM\']First off...
(tantrum snipped)
BTW just for the heck of it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
[/quote]
Give my regards to Adam when you're permanently playing The $64,000 Challenge with him. I sense that day may be soon approaching.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 01:00:33 PM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

My game show concept
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 01:09:40 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 12:33 PM\']
So it's OK for you to say you don't like someone else's idea, but we're not allowed to dislike yours, eh? My BS alarm is going off full throtle right now.

First off... let me begin by saying that there is such a thing as constructive criticism, and just plain harsh criticism... Anybody that wants others opinions should expect criticism... but it SHOULD BE constructive, not harsh... some of the people here have posted more harsh criticism than CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... which is not right.

Plus, I've already decided that if someone else posts an idea for something... I won't be harsh to them... I'd probably just stay from that topic... Or I'd give them an idea on how to IMPROVE a concept.

[/quote]

OK, fine, walk into any game show producer's office with one of your ideas, and see just how constructive he is. Oh, and make sure, when you do your proposals, to add a whole bunch of "OMG" "u" and exclamation points.

BTW, if you can't stand the heat...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

wheelloon

My game show concept
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2004, 01:34:04 PM »
One bit of constructive criticism. U don't get as much credibilty by not spelling out the word "you."

Okay, I can understand that, I'm just use to doing that online with my AOL buddies. I can stop that.

OK, fine, walk into any game show producer's office with one of your ideas, and see just how constructive he is. Oh, and make sure, when you do your proposals, to add a whole bunch of "OMG" "u" and exclamation points.

Okay then, I might just take you up on that idea. It won't be Whatchamacallit, because I actually did get some decent feedback from some people on it, and I can work with that more. Maybe I'll propose one of my other ones instead. :)