Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My game show concept  (Read 6831 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My game show concept
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2004, 04:51:20 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 10:33 AM\']BTW just for the heck of it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
[snapback]66949[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's okay. I dismissed you as an idiot long before this post.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
My game show concept
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2004, 04:27:21 AM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 12:33 PM\']First off... let me begin by saying that there is such a thing as constructive criticism, and just plain harsh criticism... Anybody that wants others opinions should expect criticism... but it SHOULD BE constructive, not harsh... some of the people here have posted more harsh criticism than CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... which is not right.[/quote]
And it's not right...because?  We're not in 1st grade anymore.

And BTW, u can hate my idea to death if u want... but if ur gonna tell me u don't like it, instead of telling me how stupid it is, how it should get some kinda scarecrow award or some other S*** like that... give me an idea of how to improve it so U COULD LIKE IT MORE!
Save from 50 Playboy bunnies stripping at the end; there's no way your show could be improved.

BTW just for the heck of it... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????
You're making it worse for yourself--is that constructive enough? Nah.  You're an idiot.  There's "harsh" criticism.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
My game show concept
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2004, 05:40:18 AM »
give me an idea of how to improve it so U COULD LIKE IT MORE!
Bad idea. If I were to tell you how to improve your concept then I'm entitled to some form of compensation for my contribution, and AFAIK you and I haven't entered into a deal to co-develop your show.

Sorry, but the business world is harsh that way.

Then there is the matter of your idea's resemblance to Your Surprise Package ...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 05:42:17 AM by chris319 »

wheelloon

My game show concept
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2004, 10:09:59 AM »
Trust me, I never got that idea from Surprise Package. I had heard of it, but I hadn't really known much about it until I got on this forum. Though learning the rules of it... I see the similarities, and yes, that would be a problem in the end.

Oh well! Next idea...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

The Ol' Guy

My game show concept
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2004, 10:23:29 AM »
Exactly, wheelloon - so before you beat yourself up too much (and have others join in on the fun) -

a) every inventor thinks they have the greatest idea since sliced bread. Ideas are like children - no matter how ugly they are to the neighbors, we always think they're beautiful. We invest emotions into them, and when they come up against the cold world of facts and statistics, we get a brutal awakening. It seems harsh, but you can't ask for reviews and not get impartial opinions that burst bubbles.

b) Bro. Owen said the same thing a bit ago - there have been so many ideas, twists, spin offs and the like that it will be tough to come up with things that haven't been done in times past. Even a neat book like The EOTVGS doesn't always tell you every game mechanic or related details ever used before, so welcome to the crowd of us who thought we had a great idea for a 1980s style game and found out later it had already been done in 1953 - or maybe even earlier on radio. The old pros weren't dummies - they were clever, too.