Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joe Cipriano on ET tomorrow  (Read 7004 times)

ChuckNet

Joe Cipriano on ET tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 06:43:24 PM »
What's that supposed to mean? ;(

The IMDB errnously calls O'Donnell and Tuna the same person.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 07:25:58 PM »
Two of the G-T announcers I can't recall seeing are Lee Vines and Hal Sims.  Who was the voice of "Edgar the Talking Jukebox"?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

sshuffield70

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 07:46:12 PM »
Reportedly, though I can't say fer sure, it was Charlie Chase.

tvwxman

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 08:33:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 05:59 PM\']

I worked briefly at WGCH, Greenwich as one of my first jobs. Later I jocked and programmed in the New Haven/Bridgeport market. The entire Connecticut radio community was particularly friendly in that era.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]66781[/snapback]
[/quote]

We radio/tv types in New Haven still are :) Even if we are all owned by Clear Channel....

And we're....alll.... owned ....by..... clear.....channellllll.....even....you.... will.....be.....soooooooonnnnnnnnnnnn
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

zachhoran

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 08:41:10 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 07:46 PM\']Reportedly, though I can't say fer sure, it was Charlie Chase.
[snapback]66794[/snapback]
[/quote]

Bill Anderson was a guest on Crook and Chase not long after Fandango ended. Nothing was mentioned in that interview about Chase being Edgar's voice, but they did mention that Bill's autobiography "Whispering Bill", which came out around that time, told who Edgar's voice was.

wheelloon

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 08:52:41 PM »

R u serious?? OMG that is hilarious! Geiss, somebody really needs to give them a little game show lesson here... don't u think?
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 11:21:52 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 05:34 PM\']Les Marshak (Academy Awards announcer for much of the '90s
[snapback]66785[/snapback]
[/quote]
I associate Marshak more with the Tonys rather the Oscars, since he's NY-based (although I guess he has done a few Oscarcasts over his career)--not to mention his long-time gig with NBC Sports.  But what I really associate Marshak with is restoring some order when a whacked-out WABC disc jockey got this notion that Paul McCartney was dead, setting off some kind of chaos.

For those so inclined, you can find a 21-minute aircheck of that chaos here.  Scroll down to 1969 (it's probably not my place to directly hyperlink here the RealAudio link provided on the site, but I'm sure Allan Sniffen would welcome the extra traffic--for those who love radio, his WABC tribute site is one of the best in the business).  It's about the fifth aircheck down in the 1969 section.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

johnnya2k3

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 11:54:36 PM »
Just saw the ET piece and unfortunately, Andy Geller was not featured.

And no, he's not related to Sarah Michelle Gellar, who spells her last name G-E-L-L-A-R.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 11:56:12 PM by johnnya2k3 »

davemackey

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 07:54:57 AM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 09:52 PM\']

R u serious?? OMG that is hilarious! Geiss, somebody really needs to give them a little game show lesson here... don't u think?
[snapback]66800[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not any more. I fixed it. Months ago.

Cyberspace is not set in stone, guys.

aaron sica

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 10:43:44 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 07:54 AM\']Cyberspace is not set in stone, guys.
[snapback]66849[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not?? But that's not what that Gore guy that invented it told me!!!
;)

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 12:18:29 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 06:34 PM\']Two other announcers whose faces we've never seen are Jerry Bishop (Judge Judy announcer who was also the voice of Disney Channel promos till the early '90s) and Les Marshak (Academy Awards announcer for much of the '90s), who had an uncredited role in Naked Gun 33 1/3
[/quote]

Jerry G. Bishop's photo, aircheck, and brief bio can be found
here.  

You can also find a photo & aircheck of a young Charlie Tuna Here.

You can find a few more game show announcers & hosts on various airchecks at reelradio.com.  Just use the search engine.  Always a few good surprises to be found there.

wheelloon

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2004, 07:11:07 PM »
Not any more. I fixed it. Months ago.

Cyberspace is not set in stone, guys.

AND IT'S A GOOD THING TOO!

You can also find a photo & aircheck of a young Charlie Tuna Here.

Wow!
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

uncamark

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2004, 05:00:15 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 12:18 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Dec 10 2004, 06:34 PM\']Two other announcers whose faces we've never seen are Jerry Bishop (Judge Judy announcer who was also the voice of Disney Channel promos till the early '90s) and Les Marshak (Academy Awards announcer for much of the '90s), who had an uncredited role in Naked Gun 33 1/3
[/quote]

Jerry G. Bishop's photo, aircheck, and brief bio can be found
here.  
[snapback]66860[/snapback]
[/quote]

Jerry Bishop and Jerry G. Bishop aren't the same person, kids.  Trust me on that one--I used to listen to Jerry G. every morning on WCFL and later watch him as the original Svengoolie on "Screaming Yellow Theater" on WFLD and host over the zaniest "Dialing for Dollars" license ever, also on WFLD in Chicago.  He's not Jerry Bishop the "Judge Judy" voice-over--and I like him more.  :)

tvrandywest

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 10:25:41 PM »
Jerry Bishop and Jerry G. Bishop aren't the same person, kids. Trust me on that one
You are correct, sir.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 08:40:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 10:25 PM\']
Jerry Bishop and Jerry G. Bishop aren't the same person, kids. Trust me on that one
You are correct, sir.
[snapback]67014[/snapback]
[/quote]

My bad, I know that Jerry G. Bishop dropped the G when he went to 'CFL, and on the realradio bio they said he did some TV work in California, so it seemed like a perfect fit.

While keeping on the nation's newest game show, "Is he or Ain't He The Same Person", is former Wheel of Fortune announcer M.G. Kelly and radio personality Machine Gun Kelly the same person???