Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show greats  (Read 2633 times)

geno57

Game show greats
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:35:35 PM »
I'm not sure if you need to be a paid user, or simply registered with Classmates.com to view this particular area. I am a paid member, and just stumbled on it today.

There are a couple of hundred high school yearbook pictures of celebrities, including several of the greatest game show hosts ever.

Here's the handsome Gene Rayburn as a teen:

Gene

Note: My Mom attended the same Chicago high school as Gene, in part during the same time frame. She didn't know him, though.

And Hugh Downs:

Hugh

A bit of whoopie with Mr. Eubanks:

Bob

Dick Clark, when he really was a teenager:

DC

Bert Convy:

Bert or Burt

Even Alex is there:

Who is Alex Trebek?

Have fun! I hope they'll allow non-members to view these.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 11:39:02 PM by geno57 »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Game show greats
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 11:42:37 PM »
Ahh, Gene Rayburn had that wacky look of charm he always had on Match Game '7x, I must say...

BTW, you don't have to even be signed in to view these, great find!

Kevin Prather

Game show greats
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 12:54:55 AM »
LOL! I love how Alex Trebek looks kind of unkempt. Totally not what you'd expect from him.

Steve McClellan

Game show greats
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 01:34:33 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 11 2004, 09:54 PM\']LOL! I love how Alex Trebek looks kind of unkempt. Totally not what you'd expect from him.[/quote]
Nah, exactly what I'd have expected from him before '84, when he got that gig that kinda changed his image...

wheelloon

Game show greats
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
OMG... I don't even recognize Alex... Maybe if he had that huge afro on from Double Dare and The Wizard of Odds I could see more of him in it...

Is it just me... or are Gene's eyes HUGE!!! If nothing else... you could recognize him a mile away with those big ol' eyes!
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

sshuffield70

Game show greats
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 03:31:46 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' date=\'Dec 12 2004, 12:40 PM\']OMG... I don't even recognize Alex... Maybe if he had that huge afro on from Double Dare and The Wizard of Odds I could see more of him in it...

Is it just me... or are Gene's eyes HUGE!!! If nothing else... you could recognize him a mile away with those big ol' eyes!
[snapback]66950[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nah, that crazy grin gives him away. :) :)

ChuckNet

Game show greats
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 06:47:13 PM »
You never know who you're gonna find on Classmates...a former Charlotte Hornets Honeybees dancer whom I attended HS with is in the alumni listings for my alma mater...alas, however, when I attempted to e-mail her, I got no reply.

ObGameShow: This dancer was the talk of GSC-X when the attendees saw her pics. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")