Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another DVD Find  (Read 2400 times)

Jimmy Owen

Another DVD Find
« on: December 16, 2004, 08:00:49 PM »
This one may not be in stock after the holidays, so if you're a fan of Betty White you might want to pick up a DVD called "Christmas Classics Vol. 1."  It has a pretty good xmas episode of "Date With the Angels," and commercials for Plymouth with a very young Tom Kennedy hawking a scrambled word contest you could play at your Plymouth dealer.  Cool DVD for just a dollar at Dollar Tree.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Robert Hutchinson

Another DVD Find
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 08:29:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 08:00 PM\']This one may not be in stock after the holidays, so if you're a fan of Betty White you might want to pick up a DVD called "Christmas Classics Vol. 1."  It has a pretty good xmas episode of "Date With the Angels," and commercials for Plymouth with a very young Tom Kennedy hawking a scrambled word contest you could play at your Plymouth dealer.  Cool DVD for just a dollar at Dollar Tree.
[snapback]67531[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is shamefully off-topic, but could someone explain to me how they're managing to sell DVDs for $1 now? Yeah, I know, crappy discs and packaging, but still. Just a dollar. That's crazy.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

rugrats1

Another DVD Find
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 11:37:23 PM »
Well -- most of the material on these discs are public domain, meaning no royalies, which are usually passed on to the consumer.

Tim L

Another DVD Find
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 11:56:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 16 2004, 08:00 PM\']This one may not be in stock after the holidays, so if you're a fan of Betty White you might want to pick up a DVD called "Christmas Classics Vol. 1."  It has a pretty good xmas episode of "Date With the Angels," and commercials for Plymouth with a very young Tom Kennedy hawking a scrambled word contest you could play at your Plymouth dealer.  Cool DVD for just a dollar at Dollar Tree.
[snapback]67531[/snapback]
[/quote]

Since we're already off topic anyway..If it's the same episode I have on VHS I bought years ago..(probably for $3.99).This episode had some familiar faces besides Tom Kennedy..Richard Deacon played a fussy neighbor and Burt Mustin played his eccentric Father who gets a job as a Santa in a Department store..Mustin seemed to play"Old Men" for at least over 30 years. His last regular role was in Mary Tyler Moore Spinoff "Phyllis"..from which he retired shortly before his death in 1977 at the age of 94..nearly 95.  Bill Williams, who played Betty White's Husband..was in TV Western "Kit Carson"

Tim Lones

The Ol' Guy

Another DVD Find
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 11:11:30 AM »
..and for those of us who love old radio, on that same episode, the voice of the craggy manager of the department store sounded very familiar - it was neat to see it was Hanley Stafford, the long-suffering Daddy to Fanny Brice's "Baby Snooks" for years and years. Nice to put a face with the voice.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 11:19:20 AM by The Ol' Guy »