Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My kind of Christmas present  (Read 4044 times)

The Pyramids

My kind of Christmas present
« on: December 23, 2004, 08:35:55 AM »
A few weeks ago I saw a message on he web from someone wanting to see a 'Family Feud' from 1981 that there family was one. I had it and sent it for her. Here is what I received yesterday.

----------------------

Thank you for all you kind efforts in helping us acquire our long lost Family Feud tape. It's amazing to think we found it after all these years. Every year we would reminisce and lament the fact we lost the original.

I am planning to surprise everyone and show the tape when we get together this weekend. I can't wait to see their reactions and what will be even better is to see all of our kids reactions at seeing their parents, aunts and uncle when they were much much younger. THANK YOU so much for going out of your way to dub it and send it back so quickly.
------------------------

I was really glad to do this.

geno57

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 09:06:38 AM »
I've done that for three people over the last several years, with tapes of "What's My Line?" and "Password". The recipients, or their kids, were delighted to have the mementos.

Skynet74

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:19:47 PM »
That has to be one of the best gifts you can give someone. A long lost Video memory to treasure forever. Definitely personal since they are the subjects. You can't get this at Walmart. They are going to go crazy when they see this Video. I am sure that the family will forever thank you.

GOOD WORK! You may be the Real Santa Claus! ;-)

John
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 04:20:12 PM by Skynet74 »

vtown7

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 08:48:38 AM »
Kudos to you for getting them the FF tape.  I was able to get someone their College Mad House episode about three years ago and I could only imagine the hilarity when they saw it.

The flipside is that I've had many requests for FH episodes but unfortunately without "rerun technology" I've had to say no.  Unfortunate, but true.

Ryan :)

Card Shark

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 11:09:55 AM »
On a semi-related note, if anyone has a Bumper Stumpers episode with Ken Strom and his team mate David Sadowski, please let me know. I believe he was on in 1987 or so and won a lot of Z-Brick. Ken is my uncle. He was also on the Canadian game show Definition. I don't believe people on the trading circuit have this show, but just in case... And I am NOT asking for a trade, so please don't have my account suspended.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 11:11:23 AM by Card Shark »
Adam Strom

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 11:23:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Dec 25 2004, 11:09 AM\']On a semi-related note, if anyone has a Bumper Stumpers episode with Ken Strom and his team mate David Sadowski, please let me know. I believe he was on in 1987 or so and won a lot of Z-Brick. Ken is my uncle.

[snapback]68594[/snapback]
[/quote]

Z-Brick wasn't even one of the lovely parting gifts Ken Ryan mentioned at the end of shows in the first season. Totes Umbrellas was one of them IIRC, they used the same one for the whole season; season two's plug was always for Wyler Watches, and I saw some plugs for Sunny Delight during season three. so it goes to show you don't always get the lovely parting gifts mentioned at the end of the show. I hope Ken enjoyed his Z-Brick.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 11:28:03 AM by zachhoran »

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 02:13:56 PM »
Zach:

WHOOOOOOOSH!!!

It's the holidays...take a breather, man. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 12:54:45 PM »
Remember the male contestant on the episode of "The Face is Familiar" that GSN has run?  He e-mailed me in late 2003 wondering if the episode I had was his.  The celebrities were Pearl Bailey and Mel Brooks.  I confirmed that it was and sent it to him.  He now lives in Texas.  He was a very nice and generous man and said his grandchildren got a kick out of seeing the tape!  Unfortunely, many times I've been e-mailed about episodes I've had to tell them their show is not available, but it is a nice feeling when you're able to do that for someone!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!