Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tell Them About Us!  (Read 5059 times)

Don Howard

Tell Them About Us!
« on: December 18, 2004, 10:27:50 PM »
Yes, dear hearts, it'll be eighteen years come the dawning of Sunday (or, as some on The Weather Channel like to say--"YOUR Sunday") since Celebrity Double Talk starring Henry Polic II met its end with the former When Things Were Rotten Sheriff Of Nottingham imploring the audience to get in touch with ABC and "tell them about us".
Do you believe anybody did? My life continued as normal. I was busy watching Scrabble at that hour anyway.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:28:26 PM by Don Howard »

aaron sica

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:52:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 10:27 PM\']Yes, dear hearts, it'll be eighteen years come the dawning of Sunday (or, as some on The Weather Channel like to say--"YOUR Sunday") since Celebrity Double Talk starring Henry Polic II met its end with the former When Things Were Rotten Sheriff Of Nottingham imploring the audience to get in touch with ABC and "tell them about us".
Do you believe anybody did? My life continued as normal. I was busy watching Scrabble at that hour anyway.
[snapback]67811[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well Don, I tried to, but people laughed at me. It hurt my feelings and totally ruined my holiday spirit. Thanks for releasing those horrible holiday memories. Christmas is now ruined once again.

Craig Karlberg

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 04:31:27 AM »
I remember seeing Double Talk a few times while I was in southern California  visiting my brother who was liiving there in the summer of 1986.  Needless to say, TPIR was still my game show of choice(#1) back then.  It was good, but too mamy flaws didn't help keep me intrested in that show after I went back to New Jersey on Labor Day that year.

Jimmy Owen

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 07:05:01 AM »
There is still time to tell ABC about the show.  After all, "The View" has strayed somewhat from the original concept.  It used to be about four very ordinary gals, a couple of them single, and Babs discussing topics from their very different perspectives.  Now it's all very glamourous, rich married women who agree on everything.  Of course, with TPIR on, why bother bringing Henry back to ABC?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 09:58:18 AM »
I always wondered if those on-air pleas actually worked.  Allen Ludden once said on "Password Plus" that it was your cards and letters that made NBC renew the show.  Other than that, I can't think of another example - game show wise, that is - that this actuallyworked.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 10:04:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 09:58 AM\']I always wondered if those on-air pleas actually worked.  Allen Ludden once said on "Password Plus" that it was your cards and letters that made NBC renew the show.  Other than that, I can't think of another example - game show wise, that is - that this actuallyworked.
[snapback]67934[/snapback]
[/quote]

Weren't there some snail mail complaints about CBS $25K Pyramid being axed in favor of Blackout, which in part led to its return 13 weeks later(which would be short lived as Combs Feud was being readied for production at the time)

Don Howard

Tell Them About Us!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 10:25:17 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 10:04 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 09:58 AM\']I always wondered if those on-air pleas actually worked.  Allen Ludden once said on "Password Plus" that it was your cards and letters that made NBC renew the show.  Other than that, I can't think of another example - game show wise, that is - that this actuallyworked.
[snapback]67934[/snapback]
[/quote]
Weren't there some snail mail complaints about CBS $25K Pyramid being axed in favor of Blackout, which in part led to its return 13 weeks later(which would be short lived as Combs Feud was being readied for production at the time)
[snapback]67935[/snapback]
[/quote]
This I wonder. Had the Family Feud revival bombed, would The $25,000 Pyramid have been given yet another life? Would Now You See It have been plunked into the 10:00 spot? Would all this have saved $ale of the Century?