Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Rollers question  (Read 5434 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
High Rollers question
« on: December 18, 2004, 09:35:21 PM »
I'm just full of questions tonight.  Here comes another one.

Let's say you collect an insurance marker in game one of a match.  Game one finishes but you didn't use it.  Can you save the marker for later in the match, or does it go away when that first game ends?
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

zachhoran

High Rollers question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:41:11 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 09:35 PM\']I'm just full of questions tonight.  Here comes another one.

Let's say you collect an insurance marker in game one of a match.  Game one finishes but you didn't use it.  Can you save the marker for later in the match, or does it go away when that first game ends?
[snapback]67797[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can keep the marker for that match only. If you haven't used the marker by the time the match is over, it is lost and can't be carried over to another game or to the Big Numbers. Markers earned during the Big Numbers could only be used for that Big Numbers round.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
High Rollers question
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 10:45:57 PM »
Just to clarify what Zach said...

The marker only applies to the current game in which you have it. If you won it in Game One, you can only use it in Game One, and vice versa.

Mike Tennant

High Rollers question
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 02:26:32 PM »
I think Nicholas's clarification actually muddies the waters.  My recollection from Wink's version is that Zach is correct in stating that a marker may be retained from one game to another within a match but may not be retained for either the Big Numbers or a subsequent match.  Perhaps the rules were different during the Trebek era.

uncamark

High Rollers question
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 02:29:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 02:26 PM\']I think Nicholas's clarification actually muddies the waters.  My recollection from Wink's version is that Zach is correct in stating that a marker may be retained from one game to another within a match but may not be retained for either the Big Numbers or a subsequent match.  Perhaps the rules were different during the Trebek era.
[snapback]67959[/snapback]
[/quote]

In the original format, the insurance markers were only given out during (and were only for use during) the Big Numbers.  Seems to me that in the revised 1978 format where they were given throughout, they could only be used during the game they were won in and could not be carried over to anything else.