Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Random Sightings  (Read 2225 times)

inturnaround

Random Sightings
« on: December 19, 2004, 03:26:40 AM »
While flipping through the channels, I saw Betty White on my local PBS station. It was a late 50s series called "A Date With the Angels". Apparently WHYY was showing old Christmas episodes of shows like Dragnet and  Ozzie and Harriet.

Left intact in the shows was a series of ads for Plymouth and their 1957 Money-Ahead Contest. The on-air presenter for that was a young Tom Kennedy. I suspected it was him, but he confirmed it by identifying himself as the announcer during the end credits.

Anyone else see this? I suspect this was a package available to PBS stations, so you might want to be on the lookout for this. (The show wasn't that good, but it's an interesting look at what else was on the tube opposite Lucy and Uncle Miltie)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Jimmy Owen

Random Sightings
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 07:11:33 AM »
I have seen it.  I thought it was pretty good.  It is also available on a DVD called "Christmas Classics Vol 1" at Dollar Tree, with the commercials intact.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tim L

Random Sightings
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »
That show has been discussed recently as a part of a cheap Dollar DVD Christmas package..and has been on VHS before...I thought it was good as well..

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6489

i might add that any show with Betty White in it can't be bad..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 07:35:02 AM by Tim L »

inturnaround

Random Sightings
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 09:12:06 AM »
Whoops, I apologize. I completely missed that other topic.
Joe Coughlin     
Human