Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You have just been appointed head of NBC Daytime  (Read 11817 times)

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
You have just been appointed head of NBC Daytime
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 02:49:52 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Dec 22 2004, 02:44 PM\']ObOriginalTopic: How come no one has mentioned Twenty One yet? 
[snapback]68224[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was going to, then realized it probably wouldn't work in daytime.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 02:56:48 PM »
:) :) I'd just placate Katie by having her fill the Marjorie Goodson role on "Concentration."  :) :)  It's not so far-fetched! Other "Today" regulars have done double duty on game shows in the past....
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

alfonzos

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 03:00:28 PM »
Twenty One has never worked as a legitimate quiz. I think the concept can be made to work but, as is, it's a dog.

My vote is for a hybrid of Concentration - Classic Concentration and yet another version of Password (I have sonething in mind if any production companies are interested).
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

ITSBRY

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2004, 03:05:20 PM »
I'd try to get the rights to "Lingo".  This show deserves a good run outside of GSN.  I'd put it back to back with "Scrabble" or 80s format "Pyramid" for a morning word game bonanza.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 05:31:49 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Dec 22 2004, 03:00 PM\']Twenty One has never worked as a legitimate quiz. I think the concept can be made to work but, as is, it's a dog.
[snapback]68228[/snapback]
[/quote]

Our friends in French Canada may have another idea on that one.

As for the question--"Concentation" and "Tic Tac Dough"--if NBC now owns the format again as rumored.

(BTW, MCA may've co-produced "Big Showdown," but Don Lipp or his estate probably owns the format.)

gaubster2

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 06:21:30 PM »
I'd put Concentration and Sale of the Century on!

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 06:25:06 PM »
Scrabble and $ale of the Century, with some competent producers (I'd hire folks from this forum)...this is Fremantle we're talking about, remember? ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »
Password Plus and Blockbusters - or a new version of Say When. 9-10am Eastern is still kinda early for anything too heavy. Let a brainy game like Password flow after Today to appeal to the newshounds and celeb watchers - then a light fun game afterwards. Just curious - do you think people have the patience for Concentration any more?

joshg

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 08:22:18 PM »
Time Machine and The Magnificent Marble Machine
(How else would the affiliates get that hour back in record time?)

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Jay Temple

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 09:55:50 PM »
If I'm programming to keep my job, Concentration and Scrabble (with AT LEAST the same prize schedule as it had in 1987).  If I'm programming to suit my own tastes, some version of Password and Blockbusters.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
If you want to keep your job you're not going to put on the slow and hoary Concentration or Password.

- Hollywood Squares

- Pyramid

- Sale of the Century

- Wheel of Fortune

Pick any two. This assumes competent production for all of the above.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2004, 10:50:40 PM »
If you want to keep your job, I very much doubt you'll run Wheel of Fortune, either, unless you can personally fund the prize budget because you're a billionaire. It was bad enough 15 years ago watching what had effectively become "divide-by-5 Wheel", much less today.

But then I'm still not sure whether this is supposed to be fantasy scheduling, realistic scheduling, or a mix of both. I'd think Scrabble would at least be worth a shot after 11 years off the air.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Don Howard

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2004, 11:26:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 22 2004, 02:35 PM\']Actually, Katie and Matt have been bitching up a storm about doing the 3rd hour since it's premiere.... I'm sure they wouldn't mind it's dissapearance at all..
[snapback]68220[/snapback]
[/quote]
Considering how much those two are being paid (Katie-Baby in particular), they ought to cool their jets. I could do with an hour or two or three less of them and Ann Curry anyhow. Campbell Brown and Lester Holt are infinitely more tolerable.
As to your question, $ale of the Century hosted by Gordon Elliott followed by Concentration--would Alex come back to host it? If not, I nominate Todd Newton.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2004, 11:32:18 PM »
Eye Guess followed by Concentration, just the way it was in 1966.  If I could pick at least one non-NBC show, I'd go with Spin-Off (with a modified bonus round), followed by Concentration.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Clay Zambo

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2004, 11:37:27 PM »
Sale for fast-paced civilian-played trivia and glamorous goodies and Match Game for celebs and humor.  I'd prefer Concentration and some version of Password, but I'll let the first two act as a wedge to get games-in-daytime profitable again, then go back for the rest...
czambo@mac.com