Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You have just been appointed head of NBC Daytime  (Read 11816 times)

Tony

You have just been appointed head of NBC Daytime
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2004, 10:03:39 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 07:42 PM\']Not that long ago Eisner was talking about reverse compensation: stations would pay the networks for programming. That would be the death knell of network TV.
[snapback]68398[/snapback]
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what The WB does?

dzinkin

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2004, 01:35:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Dec 25 2004, 10:03 AM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 23 2004, 07:42 PM\']Not that long ago Eisner was talking about reverse compensation: stations would pay the networks for programming. That would be the death knell of network TV.
[snapback]68398[/snapback]
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what The WB does?
[snapback]68586[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some of The WB's affiliates do pay the network for programming, but not all.  For example, The WB had to pay Sinclair in order to persuade the latter to flip a bunch of its UPN affiliates to The WB.

JerrysFeudinAgain

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2004, 11:12:55 PM »
Just let NBC redo  The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour?

dunking.   :)

dmota104

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2004, 10:44:02 AM »
Well, I work at an NBC station and don't see the 3rd "Today" hour fading away anytime soon -- despite the fact lately Al and Ann have been hosting that final hour by themselves.

That said, if that 3rd hour went bye-bye, definitely bring back "Password" and "Concentration".

Ian Wallis

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2004, 12:48:42 PM »
How about "Scrabble" and one from left field - a redo of "Celebrity Sweepstakes".  Apparantly either a pilot or a proposal to bring this back was made sometime in the '90s.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 12:48:57 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Blaq

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 22 2004, 05:31 PM\'][quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Dec 22 2004, 03:00 PM\']Twenty One has never worked as a legitimate quiz. I think the concept can be made to work but, as is, it's a dog.
[snapback]68228[/snapback]
[/quote]

Our friends in French Canada may have another idea on that one.
[snapback]68240[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I always thought Twenty One's slow, simplistic gameplay would make it sink like a rock when brought to TVA this fall (and so did Louise Cousineau, influential TV columnist at Montreal's La Presse). Especially since it was facing, in its time slot, the second season of L'Union Fait La Force (a motto meaning "Strength Through Unity"), a lively mix of mini-games hosted by longtime audience favourite Patrice Lécuyer.

And guess what? Vingt Et Un got higher ratings than the returning favourite! Who knew?

(Although... everybody I talk to, save one friend, hates the show, likening it to watching paint dry.)