Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Staging problems...  (Read 8272 times)

Ian Wallis

Staging problems...
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2004, 10:49:25 AM »
I've always wondered if the "all-quickie" format was originally supposed to be more than four questions.  The quickies seemed to be pretty quick during the "story" format, but when you watch the first all-quickie show, the couples do take a rather long time to answer.  I wonder if they were told to take some time and elaborate, or it just happened that way.

You never know....it appears that Dawson's "Feud" might have originally been meant to straddle...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Staging problems...
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2004, 11:00:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 10:49 AM\']I've always wondered if the "all-quickie" format was originally supposed to be more than four questions.  The quickies seemed to be pretty quick during the "story" format, but when you watch the first all-quickie show, the couples do take a rather long time to answer.  I wonder if they were told to take some time and elaborate, or it just happened that way.

You never know....it appears that Dawson's "Feud" might have originally been meant to straddle...
[snapback]67942[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe it was supposed to be for five questions, but they usually only had time for four. SOmetimes they'd have time for a fifth question in both the 70s nad 80s runs. Dawson's Feud I think WAS originally looking to be a straddled show, as some of the earliest shows have the competing family for the next game being introduced after Fast Money.

Winkfan

Staging problems...
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2004, 05:16:15 PM »
Some gameshows placed things very poorly amongst their shows. Among them:

Taking a commercial break during a round on Daytime Wheel.

Anyone else think of such annoyances?

Speaking of Wheel, one thing that I wasn't too keen on during that show's heyday on NBC was their often going right to the closing fee plugs after the final commercial played out; thus denying Pat & Vanna (or Chuck & Susan, or even Pat & Susan) the chance to say 'bye bye' til the next installment.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Debralee Scott of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:20:35 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

uncamark

Staging problems...
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2004, 05:47:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 05:16 PM\'][quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 18 2004, 03:36 AM\']Some gameshows placed things very poorly amongst their shows. Among them:

Taking a commercial break during a round on Daytime Wheel.

Anyone else think of such annoyances?[/quote]

Speaking of Wheel, one thing that I wasn't too keen on during that show's heyday on NBC was their often going right to the closing fee plugs after the final commercial played out; thus denying Pat & Vanna (or Chuck & Susan, or even Pat & Susan) the chance to say 'bye bye' til the next installment.Tammy

[snapback]67986[/snapback]
[/quote]

And every so often during the early syndicated shows.  It wasn't until the switch to the all-cash format that they provided for Pat and Vanna to get a signoff every day.

zachhoran

Staging problems...
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2004, 07:06:03 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 20 2004, 05:47 PM\']
And every so often during the early syndicated shows.  It wasn't until the switch to the all-cash format that they provided for Pat and Vanna to get a signoff every day.
[snapback]67992[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't see every single post-bonus round segment, but it seems to me there's still an occasional show where they don't get a goodbye.

J.R.

Staging problems...
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2004, 01:24:53 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 09:34 PM\'][quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Dec 19 2004, 09:29 PM\']
Besides, who would host the [sarcasm]wonderful[/sarcasm] WOF console game for the PS3?

[snapback]67913[/snapback]
[/quote]

Rolf Benirschke.
[snapback]67914[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder who that would be! :)

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Ian Wallis

Staging problems...
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2004, 01:16:48 PM »
Speaking of Wheel, one thing that I wasn't too keen on during that show's heyday on NBC was their often going right to the closing fee plugs after the final commercial played out; thus denying Pat & Vanna (or Chuck & Susan, or even Pat & Susan) the chance to say 'bye bye' til the next installment.

This was only done when the show was running late - when they had a very long round and a lot of prizes to describe.  One thing I liked about that was there was no applause underneath the announcer until the fee plugs came to an end.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!