Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lights, Camera, Action!  (Read 8231 times)

zachhoran

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 10:51:21 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 10:34 PM\']re: animated opens, would the caricature Monty and his flying carpet on some of the '70s LMADs count?
[snapback]69766[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes

BrandonFG

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 11:53:08 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 10:34 PM\']re: animated opens, would the caricature Monty and his flying carpet on some of the '70s LMADs count?
[snapback]69766[/snapback]
[/quote]

Indeed...that's the one I was referring to.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JCGames

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2005, 12:27:39 AM »
I remember as a kid the opening of Concentration with the scrunched-up letters in a square stretching out to reveal the name of the show as the organist played the opening theme. That facinated me for some reason.

uncamark

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »
[quote name=\'JCGames\' date=\'Jan 4 2005, 12:27 AM\']I remember as a kid the opening of Concentration with the scrunched-up letters in a square stretching out to reveal the name of the show as the organist played the opening theme. That facinated me for some reason.
[snapback]69797[/snapback]
[/quote]

Also, "YDS!" had a little piece of animation after Tom Kennedy's opening of a man and a woman talking and putting a finger to their mouths--it was supered over the audience applauding as Rex Koury and the boys (although with a harpist, nine times out of ten it's a girl) played the theme.

GSWitch

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2005, 03:27:09 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 08:59 PM\'][quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Jan 3 2005, 09:44 PM\']
[snapback]69734[/snapback]
How many other shows with animation sequences?
[snapback]69744[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think most Jay Wolpert shows had them, except for Hit Man maybe. Other than what Zach mentioned, I can think of some 70s LMaD episodes and Monty Hall's Beat The Clock. For B&W, there's 50s Beat The Clock (Hickory-Dickory-Dock) and WML (CBS and syndie versions).

And this might not count, but in the "3-D" category, there's Wheel of Fortune 10th anniversary and "big band" intros from the 90s, and Povich's 21.
[snapback]69751[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Neighbors had a silly animated opening as well, complete with kazoos!

The Ol' Guy

Lights, Camera, Action!
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2005, 07:46:53 PM »
Faint memory believes Merv's Word For Word had an animated opening, not much more than the letters moving around until they spelled out the title, then the center of the O in the word "For" opened up and the set took over the picture. Let's add Groucho's YBYL, ABC's Supermarket Sweep, Mike Reagan's Lingo..and I think Jack Narz's old I'll Bet had some sort of an animated logo opening like Andrews' other show You Don't Say.