Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Liars' Club question...and BASARABA  (Read 4198 times)

JMFabiano

Liars' Club question...and BASARABA
« on: December 26, 2004, 07:48:44 PM »
Thanks to a tape trade that I received my end of on Christmas Eve, I finally got to see an episode of Super Pay Cards, meaning that I also finally saw...HER.  I definitely get what a lot of you've been saying all along now.  And is it just me, or does Mary Lou remind anyone else of Miss Shields from A Christmas Story?

As for my LC question...I got two Anderson Liars' Clubs (good show, BTW), including the one where Allen Ludden comes out at the beginning.  One site says Allen came after Bill as host.  Does anyone know the occasion of his visit here, then?  (Well Betty was on the panel, anything else?  No reference was made to switching hosts or anything like that)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 07:48 PM\']

As for my LC question...I got two Anderson Liars' Clubs (good show, BTW), including the one where Allen Ludden comes out at the beginning.  One site says Allen came after Bill as host.  Does anyone know the occasion of his visit here, then?  (Well Betty was on the panel, anything else?  No reference was made to switching hosts or anything like that)
[snapback]68710[/snapback]
[/quote]

Allen Ludden did succeed Bill ARMSTRONG(also an executive producer of LC) as host.

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 08:00 PM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Dec 26 2004, 07:48 PM\']

As for my LC question...I got two Anderson Liars' Clubs (good show, BTW), including the one where Allen Ludden comes out at the beginning.  One site says Allen came after Bill as host.  Does anyone know the occasion of his visit here, then?  (Well Betty was on the panel, anything else?  No reference was made to switching hosts or anything like that)
[snapback]68710[/snapback]
[/quote]

Allen Ludden did succeed Bill ARMSTRONG(also an executive producer of LC) as host.
[snapback]68711[/snapback]
[/quote]

Whoops, sorry about that!  With that in mind, what happened on this ARMSTRONG LC?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 12:37:07 PM »
Don't know for sure why he was there, but only that apparantly USA never ran any of his "Liars Club" episodes.  I remember the ending of the Ludden-hosted shows, where he'd tease the audience with a statement.  Then the announcer would read all of the fee plugs, and the credits and applause would roll.  Right towards the end, the applause would die down, and then he'd state whether the statement was true or not.  Luckily, on the original run I don't think my station ever cut it off before we got to find out!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 06:09:59 PM »
I think Ludden's appearance was just a random cameo, nothing more...perhaps it had something to do w/his recent Emmy win, as mentioned by Bill when he came out a few moments later.

Oddly enough, I actually remember seeing this ep on USA when I was 8, so you can imagine what a surprise it was for me to see it available on the trading circuit some 10 yrs later. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 12:22:01 AM »
Since this is about things I saw in my tape trade additions, moving on to a mini-marathon of Cullen Pyramids I had tonight...about the one episode in circulation with Rita Moreno as one of the guests.  What was this promotion/advertising she referred to during the opening interviews?  (of which she says "You haven't seen nothing yet" or words to that effect)

And that whole "Famous Deserts/Desserts" thing...oh my god...