Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stormy Sacks  (Read 3839 times)

golden-road

Stormy Sacks
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:39:59 AM »
Did Stormy Sacks ever do the Davidson Squares theme live?

Craig Karlberg

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:06:51 AM »
I seem to remember hearing Sacks doing a live version of the theme mainly on the keyboard in a couple instances.  So, yes he has played the main theme live

tyshaun1

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 06:32:48 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, occasionally they would show Stormy (BTW, is that his real name? Sounds like someone who'd give you traffic and weather together on the nines, no offense, Matt ;)) on the set performing the theme from a synthesizer. Now whether he was playing it live, that's another story.

Tyshaun

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Stormy Sacks
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 07:51:36 AM »
I do remember seeing them turn the camera on him once [IIRC, he was somewhere in the audience], but if anything, he probably just did some of the cues live. He might, however, have had the cart tape machines [or whatever they may have used for music playback] at his access as well.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 07:52:20 AM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Ian Wallis

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 12:50:07 PM »
I remember seeing him there live a few times, and usually the music would sound slightly different.  I think most of the time the theme was on tape.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 05:53:53 PM »
Stormy's live music on "Squares" was generally either accompaniment for the occasional musical number from John Davidson or something under a prop bit--and I bet a lot of work during the warmup.  Although he would occasionally be seen when the theme was playing, I'm assuming that he was warned that they were getting a shot of him and was miming.

The only exception was for the "Squares" weeks in New York City at Radio City Music Hall, when he did play along on the Hall's famous Mighty Wurlitzer.

GSWitch

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 09:44:52 PM »
Stormy Sacks is also responsible for the Rosner games, Caesar's Challenge & Just Men!

(Cue the bicycle theme song please my pretty!)

DJDustman

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 05:00:23 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 27 2004, 09:44 PM\']Stormy Sacks is also responsible for the Rosner games, Caesar's Challenge & Just Men!

(Cue the bicycle theme song please my pretty!)
[snapback]68841[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok.....

Yes, Stormy appeared frequently on thie version.  As said, by previous posters, he would play the outros and such after a visual clue, or prop question.

He was shown on camera many times during the NY and Fl shows.

A picture

http://tbgs.flashgameshows.com/stormy.jpg

Ian Wallis

Stormy Sacks
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 01:49:12 PM »
Stormy Sacks is also responsible for the Rosner games, Caesar's Challenge & Just Men!

I liked the '86 version of the theme a lot more so than the '88 "remix".  "Caesar's Challenge" is another great theme I'd love to have in the clear!  Unfortunatly, I don't believe it's available...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!