Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kids game shows that don't feature any slop at all  (Read 4899 times)

irismason42

Kids game shows that don't feature any slop at all
« on: December 30, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
Somehow, some children's game shows don't even find any slop anywhere on the kids contestants' bodies, but here's a list of children's game shows that we don't see any children getting slopped up:

Wheel 2000
Click!
Get The Picture
Nickelodeon Arcade
Juvenile Jury(both versions)
I'm Telling
Both Carmen Sandiego game shows
The Quiz Kids on Radio
The Quiz Kids Challenge
Junior Partner Pyramid
Special Kids Week of shows that normally features adults as contestants
Masters of the Maze
Discovery Kids' Zap It!
Teen Win, Lose or Draw
The Family Game(including the 1985 pilot)
Peer Pressure
Joker, Joker, Joker
Now You See It in the UK
Storybook Squares

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 04:15:09 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 04:06 PM\']Somehow, some children's game shows don't even find any slop anywhere on the kids contestants' bodies, but here's a list of children's game shows that we don't see any children getting slopped up:

*snip long list*[/quote]
Somehow?  Is there a written rule stating all kids games must be messy?

I recall a side game on Wheel 2000 where a kid got messy.  I don't recall the details about the game, but I do recall a player not as clean as (s)he was before the game.

Did kids on Jep! get slopped up?  I thought all that dropped on players were confetti, plastic balls, etc.

Add to the non-messy list any version of Academic Challenge/It's Academic.  The players aren't young kids, but they're rarely 18 years or older either.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 04:16:00 PM by hmtriplecrown »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 04:46:45 PM »
Since Junior Partner Pyramid is on that list, you might as well include the Jeopardy Kids Weeks.

irismason42

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 05:13:06 PM »
Well, there's only 1 Stunt being played on Wheel 2000 that had any mess at all, that was Monster Heads, but other than the Monster Heads stunt we saw has no mess at all and Monster Heads didn't even slop any children up either.

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 05:56:14 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:13 PM\']Well, there's only 1 Stunt being played on Wheel 2000 that had any mess at all, that was Monster Heads, but other than the Monster Heads stunt we saw has no mess at all and Monster Heads didn't even slop any children up either.
[snapback]69233[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who are you?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 06:00:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:56 PM\']
Who are you?
[snapback]69237[/snapback]
[/quote]

Matt, I gave up wondering that a long time ago. S/he's not going to tell us. The mystery of the English-mangling Irismason42 will live on in game show message board lore forever.

Winkfan

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 07:01:53 PM »
Did kids on Jep! get slopped up?  I thought all that dropped on players were confetti, plastic balls, etc.

You are right about that. BTW, leave us not forget Choose Up Sides. From the one episode I have in my collection, I didn't see any kids get 'messed up;' unless someone can prove otherwise.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Joan Rivers of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 05:45:19 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 10:35:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:56 PM\'][quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:13 PM\']Well, there's only 1 Stunt being played on Wheel 2000 that had any mess at all, that was Monster Heads, but other than the Monster Heads stunt we saw has no mess at all and Monster Heads didn't even slop any children up either.
[/quote]
Who are you?
[/quote]
She is Iris Mason. Or he is.
Did anyone get slopped up on Runaround? I'm sure they didn't on Kideo Village. Or on Make A Face.
And how do you know no one got slimed on the radio version of Quiz Kids, Iris Mason? Did the announcer say, "No child was decorated with messy silly string or green paint during the course of this broadcast being presented to you by electronic transcription and sponsored by Moxie"?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 11:02:58 PM by Don Howard »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 05:31:44 AM »
As far as Jep! goes with the "gak".  Anytime a kid misses 3 responses in a row(I think) & s/he gets messed up.  The 1st miss has the gak poured into the bucket.  The 2nd miss means the bucket's being readied to tilt toward the kid.  The 3rd miss, WHAMMO!  Instant mess!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2004, 10:39:54 AM »
This could be totally wrong, since I've only seen Jep! once, and that was in early 2001...but I seem to remember that the first wrong answer didn't really do anything, the second dumped a container of balls on the contestant, and the third made him unable to ring in for some period of time.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 10:48:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 05:31 AM\']As far as Jep! goes with the "gak".  Anytime a kid misses 3 responses in a row(I think) & s/he gets messed up.  The 1st miss has the gak poured into the bucket.  The 2nd miss means the bucket's being readied to tilt toward the kid.  The 3rd miss, WHAMMO!  Instant mess!
[snapback]69317[/snapback]
[/quote]

Read the above posts, Brainiac. It has been correctly established that the gak wasn't sloppy gak. Ping pong balls, confetti, DRY stuff...The "Instant mess" was not a mess at all.

WHAMMO! Another incorrect post from Craggers!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 10:48:37 AM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 10:55:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Dec 31 2004, 10:39 AM\']This could be totally wrong[/quote]
Correct, correct, and correct.
1 question is what they were locked out for
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 10:35 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:56 PM\'][quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 05:13 PM\']Well, there's only 1 Stunt being played on Wheel 2000 that had any mess at all, that was Monster Heads, but other than the Monster Heads stunt we saw has no mess at all and Monster Heads didn't even slop any children up either.
[/quote]
Who are you?
[/quote]
She is Iris Mason. Or he is.
Did anyone get slopped up on Runaround? I'm sure they didn't on Kideo Village. Or on Make A Face.
[snapback]69276[/snapback]
[/quote]

They didn't on "Runaround."  They were too tired running from one end of the studio to the other.  :)

And on that web site of old TV show ads, I will venture that Bert Parks never cued a vat of green slime on "Giant Step."

The whole bit with the gak was inspired by the success of "You Can't Do That on Television," which was Nickelodeon's signature show in its day.  When it was decided that they needed a game show on the schedule (and every packager in the business saw their budget figures and told them that they were crazy), someone had to proclaim that ordinary kids wanted to experience what those wacky Canadians on "YCDT..." were experiencing.  And so they did (although the early eps of "DD" weren't as obssessed with the glop as later--when I saw the earlier shows all these years ago, the slide coming out of the Wringer didn't have a lick of goop on it then, for example).

tyshaun1

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 08:00:01 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 05:37 PM\'] And so they did (although the early eps of "DD" weren't as obssessed with the glop as later--when I saw the earlier shows all these years ago, the slide coming out of the Wringer didn't have a lick of goop on it then, for example).
[snapback]69497[/snapback]
[/quote]
And when they kept adding the glop, it made the obstacle course almost impossible to win, which in turn helped to kill the show, IMO. Witness an episode with the "Sundae Slide"; when they started to add the syrup to the uphill climb, it was goodbye trip right back to Universal Studios Orlando.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 08:15:11 PM by tyshaun1 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2005, 08:09:16 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 2 2005, 08:00 PM\'] Witness an episode with the "Sundae Slide"; when they started to add the syrup to the uphill climb, it was goodbye trip to right back where you were.
[/quote]
If you were smart enough to climb the SIDES where there was no slop...this was never an issue. Most contestants weren't smart enough to notice this.  Incidentally, they were the same ones who thought "America the Beautiful" was our national anthem.
--Mark
Phil 4:13